• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Foolkiller's Baltimore Con Report

55 posts in this topic

Nice seeing you again Danny. Wish I could have partied with you Saturday -- see you in NYC this weekend.

Good meeting Billy the Kid (who made one of the funnier comments -- as he pictured me as some old white guy (we are both Asian)) and a few other new forumites as well.

can't tell you the number of times i seriously considered causing a flip-flop blowout on the six-mile walk to McCormick and Schmucks

Thanks again for lunch Marc. If you trip me in the flip flops, you were going into the harbor. Then Michael Phelps would have to save you (who we walked by on the way to lunch).

40% off.

Harley.

(shrug)

(This is a hard concept to comprehend).

Signed,

the old white guy

P.S.: Great seeing you once again, BK, to geek out on comics. Thx again for organizing that cool lunch on Saturday.

40% off.

Harley.

(shrug)

Signed,

the old white guy

P.S.: Great seeing you once again, BK, to geek out on comics. Thx again for organizing that cool lunch on Saturday.

As always, great seeing you Bob. Enjoy Chicago this weekend. Yeah, Harley and 40% off is wild, wild stuff. I loved it and I thought the stuff that I pulled from there was really fantastic stuff. Mike Miles apparently got some good stuff and so did Timmay. I mean, I thought that some of the most over looked stuff the entire con was Harley's boxes... and they had some of the best deals. What I paid for some of those books was shockingly low.

brian, great report! It was great running into you at the show Saturday morning before all the chaos.

Sorry we didnt make it to lunch but all of us were in the zone at artist alley and didnt eat until 7pm that nite.

Funny, when I told Bill what your handle was on the board he WAS in shock. i proceeded to tell him i only assocate with the asian boardies. lol

40% off.

Harley.

(shrug)

Signed,

the old white guy

As always, great seeing you Bob. Enjoy Chicago this weekend. Yeah, Harley and 40% off is wild, wild stuff. I loved it and I thought the stuff that I pulled from there was really fantastic stuff. Mike Miles apparently got some good stuff and so did Timmay. I mean, I thought that some of the most over looked stuff the entire con was Harley's boxes... and they had some of the best deals. What I paid for some of those books was shockingly low.

Yeah, unfortunately, I didn't stop by there till just after 5:00 on Saturday,so I only had about 45 minutes to dig since I wasn't returning on Sunday. I usually glance at Harley's stuff but don't make much effort becuase there doesn't seem to be be very much new stuff and the good or higher grade stuff is priced "accordingly".

This is speculation only, but since Harley himself was at another con, I think this may have been secondary stock that hadn't been picked through, or even priced up in some time. At 40% off there were some serios bargains in there. Wish I had hit it first on Saturday morning.

Brian,

Thanks for setting up the lunch. Had a great time even if we did trek half way around town. If we didn't wouldn't have seen Phelps (nice little added bonus). Looks like you grabbed some great books!

-Wes

40% off.

Harley.

(shrug)

Signed,

the old white guy

Yeah, unfortunately, I didn't stop by there till just after 5:00 on Saturday,so I only had about 45 minutes to dig since I wasn't returning on Sunday. I usually glance at Harley's stuff but don't make much effort becuase there doesn't seem to be be very much new stuff and the good or higher grade stuff is priced "accordingly".

This is speculation only, but since Harley himself was at another con, I think this may have been secondary stock that hadn't been picked through, or even priced up in some time. At 40% off there were some serios bargains in there. Wish I had hit it first on Saturday morning.

You are right, it was Harley's "B" stock and I also wish I had looked here first. The looked early on Saturday -- maybe right before lunch -- but got lazy and couldn't motivate myself to look through. I think it's stuff he had previously brought to conventions and just hadn't been out in a while or repriced. In terms of bargains, I think these were the best bargains there were at the whole show, which is not the norm for Harley. It was great -- and I'm really not 100% sure how many people took the time to dig through.

Next week Harley's "A" stock will be in NYC, but I want to ask him about whether he'll do a "B" stock sale again in the near future.

As for Harley and pricing, I've actually found recently Harley has been negotiable on certain books and dropping his percentage to move multiple books.

This "B" stock idea is really fantastic.

This "B" stock idea is really fantastic.

Yep. I think I spent close to 1-1/2 hours going through it sunday morning when I ran into you and ended up getting about 15 really nice books.

If he rotated his stock like this more often I would look hard at it every show.

The 40% discount helped too. :banana:

I don't know if Brian even owns a pair of shoes.

Maybe for court. (shrug):grin:

Just FYI, I have worn sandals to court. This was years ago at the DA's office, I was in the office on a day off, wearing shorts, t-shirt and sandals. Judge called up, asked me to come over for a quick hearing, I told him I was dressed -- really dressed down -- told me he didn't care, just get my a** over here. I did, argued a motion in sandals and won.