• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
8 8

2,274 posts in this topic

On 1/13/2024 at 2:44 AM, Brian Bollinger said:

@Brian BollingerOh wow, iirc is this the long lost one that was buried at your parents house?

On 1/21/2024 at 1:23 AM, Brian Bollinger said:

@PeasOfCrap Not the one I lost (that had editor notes in it, but honestly, I didn't know I had it.  I was going threw some boxes of stuff to clean out (throw away) and found a couple that were sold at the comic shops and serially numbered.  I remembered buying them once I found them.  I used to be a manager of a toy store across the street from one of the NEC stores and would go there on my lunch break.  The guy at the store (who still works there) gave me one of the first Tick comics for free (the #1 special edition) just to see if I would like the comic.  That was actually all they had produced at the time so it actually didn't seem special or like a big deal.  Who knew what was in store for the Tick over the next 35 years.

One thing to note on the back cover is that Tick is facing away from the camera.  When the finally published the comic book Tick is facing the camera.

IMG_8926.jpeg

IMG_8927.jpeg

IMG_8928.jpeg

Amazing piece of Tick history right there!  Thanks for sharing the story@

My brother "Comicartfan" went to high school with Ben Edlund, He didn't even know at the time who he was in the early 90's when I went looking through his high school yearbook, I'm like "That's Ben Edlund!"  His caption under his HS photo was "I'm going to be rich, really rich, If not, then I will fake it"  

Edited by Kevin76

On 6/7/2024 at 7:28 AM, srezvan said:

I just picked this up at my LCS. I didn't know about these. There's also Tick in Disguise and Barry, but I don't have those.

20240601_203044.jpg

There is also a NEC exclusive version.  I believe the action figure is the save but the packaging had the Tick reading Tick Comics.  If I am correct, they are doing Arthur next year.

On 1/12/2024 at 11:44 PM, Brian Bollinger said:

@Brian Bollinger, mayhaps the Ashcan Edition 1 non-autographed in-house proof with editing notes for Bill?  (((doubtful))) but I had to ask! :). 

Check out * The TICK Special Edition #1 CGC 9.8 Signed & Dbl Sketch Edlund (1190593007) * on eBay!
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/195994743665?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=6ywp4olHSoG&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=sI9I_NOPSla&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=EMAIL

In case anyone has seen this and been on the fence, it has 2 hours left before being taken off the market indefinitely 

Hello everyone!

It's been a while but I'm back to The Tick :)

I just enter my Tick comics and was surprise to notice that in the listing of The Tick Ben Edlund Original Set, there is a fifth Tick #12 variant entered ????

I was the one at the time in 2009 that ask the CGC Registry to add the 4 Thick #12 variants that are, like you know :

- Capital City Edition - Tick & Arthur on cycle
- Convention Edition - Tick driven mad by TV
- Diamond Comics Edition - Arthur & sharks
- Tick Society Edition - Spoon & Tick crest

But another were add:

Special Edition – blank back cover 

To my knowledge, and I ask you also dear members experts (kpaqu1, PeaofCrap, vsndesigns, Brian Bollinger and others) what do you think?

I am currently in talk with the CGC Registry to DELETE this Special Edition blank variant since it doesn not exist.

But... I could be wrong.

On 8/22/2024 at 12:15 PM, Erik71 said:

Hello everyone!

I just enter my Tick comics and was surprise to notice that in the listing of The Tick Ben Edlund Original Set, there is a fifth Tick #12 variant entered ????

I was the one at the time in 2009 that ask the CGC Registry to add the 4 Thick #12 variants that are, like you know :

But another were add:

To my knowledge, and I ask you also dear members experts (kpaqu1, PeaofCrap, vsndesigns, Brian Bollinger and others) what do you think?

I am currently in talk with the CGC Registry to DELETE this Special Edition blank variant since it doesn not exist.

But... I could be wrong.

Welcome back! 

I need to work on my registry since Ben will be at Baltimore Comic-Con.

Yeah, I have not run across a blank back but I will check the census to see if one had been entered.

On 8/22/2024 at 9:15 AM, Erik71 said:

Hello everyone!

But another were add:

But... I could be wrong.

Nope.  Unless there was a printing house factory reject out there somewhere.  I show on my inventory that I don't have that one either.  (see attached-the one on the left).  I also included my inventory snippit of the one-shots (the one on the right), I don't think it shows up over there thank goodness.  Hey, while I'm here, does anyone have a Tick 11 (fourth print) out there?  :).    

IM MISSING THAT ONE TOO!.jpg

TICK ONE SHOTS.jpg

This is what I was thinking, thank you both. :)

So I ask the Registry to DELETE this Tick 12 Special Edition.

Don't have a Tick #11 4th print but I am looking for a regular Tick #12 CGC 9.8 :50849494_winkemoji: