• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tec' 27 found by this kid? Has this been posted?

78 posts in this topic

He's been claiming for more than a week he has a video of it CGC'd. But his camera takes too long to post a 1:00 video. I might believe it when I see the new video. If it ever comes...

Or maybe he'll do a quick flash and not show the date on the label.

I'm not really sure what to make of that video.

I get the whole "he's not handling that properly" thing.

I think what bothers me more is that he can't shoot a video for $% and what's with picking it up and putting it down, picking it up and putting it down.

"hey kid! set the dern, stinkin book down on a table with some decent lighting and shoot the video........stop pacing all over the room". I feel like i'm watching the opening to Saving Private Ryan. Yer giving me a goddamned headache!"

If it is an original Detective Comics #27 it has been trimmed significantly along the top edge.

How can you tell? It's not just because the art is cropped too much, unless you also noted that there isn't extra art at the bottom due to a bad printing trim. I don't know enough about what's usually at the top and bottom of the issue to say one way or the other myself. (shrug)

If it is an original Detective Comics #27 it has been trimmed significantly along the top edge.

How can you tell? It's not just because the art is cropped too much, unless you also noted that there isn't extra art at the bottom due to a bad printing trim. I don't know enough about what's usually at the top and bottom of the issue to say one way or the other myself. (shrug)

......paging detective27kid.........

I think "finding" it is a bit loosely used. Clearly someone gave it to him as a gift. But still, that's pretty weak. I think he's clearly lining himself up to be robbed by posting all his comic stuff online. I bet at least one person on this board could find out his real identity in less than 24 hours.

I just went through Heritage's archives and looked at all the Tec 27s. All of them save one, have room above the circle that says "64 pages of action". The only one that didn't was a copy that had been trimmed on the top edge. Also, the copies had more of the structure showing on the right edge. It's not a smoke stack like the kid said, but part of the building. So the right edge on his book has been trimmed also.

I think it's just a cover printed off on his printer and stuck on some random book.

Hence the "I'm not going to open it" comment.

It's almost as staged as that guy that cracked out his TMNT #1 that was "first print".

I smell BS and it's coming from that guy's house.