• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boston Comic Con Forum Dinner: Saturday Oct. 24th

45 posts in this topic

:ohnoez:

:makepoint: one week people. We should probably get a count on how many for dinner and a final choice of where. I can make phone calls to the restaurant if needed.

My wife and I are in. I'm open for really anywhere for dinner but I'll put my vote in for Rock Bottom Restaurant and Brewery

I'm in for this spot!

Been a while since I posted here. Been back into comics for a while and finally figured out how to log back into these forums.

I'm from the Boston area. I have zero serious comic collector friends in the hobby so i'd love to introduce myself to everyone here.

My girlfriend and I were going to stop by the convention but it's just too hard with my new job starting in Cambridge. We also just moved in together in a friends house so once everything settles down I really would like to meet everyone and have a few beers! My girlfriend is a cool chick too. When we met we had no idea we were both into comics. She collects anything and everything she can find that's Sailor moon including the comics. I never get grief for being into comics so that's a good thing.

I'm very excited at the moment because I get my own comic room!!! So stoked. Basically it will just be a place for my plasma TV, insanely comfortable reclining leather chair (this badboy swivles, rocks, and reclines haha). Also organizing my shelving at the moment for my comics. Lastly, just getting all my autographs, posters, prints, original art, and things like that all together so I can put them up. Been looking thru other collection rooms here for ideas.

Anyway I'm totally rambling!!! I live in North Billerica if anyone is in the area.

Thanks and take care!

DJ

Offhand... what time are planning to be there? My wife is already asking me what time I'm planning to be home, etc, etc, etc. :)

I plan on heading over right after the con is over so I would guess around 5 PM. I would think that GACollectibles, Superworld and others with tables will be a bit later. It will probably take a good 2 hours for dinner + a couple beverages so I would think leaving by 7:30 would be the earliest.

I'm going Saturday but won't be able to attend the dinner. (I can hear hearts breaking from here!) :D

:makepoint: 15 minute beer/soda.

Offhand... what time are planning to be there? My wife is already asking me what time I'm planning to be home, etc, etc, etc. :)

I plan on heading over right after the con is over so I would guess around 5 PM. I would think that GACollectibles, Superworld and others with tables will be a bit later. It will probably take a good 2 hours for dinner + a couple beverages so I would think leaving by 7:30 would be the earliest.

Did you make reservations? Some of us probably won't be available til closer to 6pm with shutting down and getting over to the place.

Did you make reservations? Some of us probably won't be available til closer to 6pm with shutting down and getting over to the place.

I can call today, how many people should I make it for? I sound like we have maybe 7-8.

Universal Soldier and wife

GACollectibles

Mac Man

Superworld

hunchback

Pontoon (maybe)

Rob_react (?)

Reservation made for 10 people at the Rock Bottom Restaurant and Brewery @ 5:45 under the name Deranian ( :gossip: that's me)

I'm sure if we are +/- 1or 2 it won't be a big deal.

This should be fun, looking forward to it.