• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Nicolas Cage

40 posts in this topic

Found this on a web-site. I cant seem to find a whole lot about it anywhere.

DRX

Nic Shelves Comic Love After Theft

Actor Nicholas Cage has revealed he gave up his love of comic books after part of his beloved collection was stolen. The star, who appears in new comic adaptation Ghost Rider, was so upset when his favourite graphic novels were stolen that he decided not to pursue his hobby any longer. "Three of my best comics were robbed - Action One, Detective 27 and Detective 14," says the Con Air star. "Those books today would be worth, I don't know how much, more than the whole collection itself was at the time. It occurred to me that I didn't want that in my house anymore because I didn't want that sort of temptation for people to do that, so I sold everything."

Then what's the story of the Action #1 from the Cage collection a couple of years ago on Ebay? A CGC 6.5 I believe.

Boo hoo. These spoiled stars that don't control their own money don't get a tear from me. It's a typical situation where the star is spreading his money around in silly investment schemes.

I know...comics.... ha!

That didn't go too well for him, either, it seems.

Did anyone remember his appearance in Fast Times at Ridgemont High

Yes, and it was all downhill for him after that. Sean Penn too.

lol he was only in 2 or 3 scenes. lol

Found this on a web-site. I cant seem to find a whole lot about it anywhere.

DRX

Nic Shelves Comic Love After Theft

Actor Nicholas Cage has revealed he gave up his love of comic books after part of his beloved collection was stolen. The star, who appears in new comic adaptation Ghost Rider, was so upset when his favourite graphic novels were stolen that he decided not to pursue his hobby any longer. "Three of my best comics were robbed - Action One, Detective 27 and Detective 14," says the Con Air star. "Those books today would be worth, I don't know how much, more than the whole collection itself was at the time. It occurred to me that I didn't want that in my house anymore because I didn't want that sort of temptation for people to do that, so I sold everything."

Then what's the story of the Action #1 from the Cage collection a couple of years ago on Ebay? A CGC 6.5 I believe.

That was my 2nd copy of Action 1 that I had owned, sold to cage and it was not stolen. We graded it at CGC, small amount of resto............

Not his best film..

Nope lol

His BEST film has to be Wild At Heart, in which everyone involved is completely perfect (thumbs u

He just needs a good director who knows his strengths. Instead he keeps going for schlocky nonsense flicks that are nevertheless kinda entertaining (Con Air, The Rock, Face Off). He's got charisma and presence, can't help but like him :)