• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wonder Woman....silver or bronze

130 posts in this topic

Another trio of WW beauties!

Wonder Woman and her Holiday Girl chums are up to their old college pranks again. I wonder if anyone under 30 knows what a telephone booth was used for...

WW_127.jpg

Diana battles a gian clam in this great underwater cover. Mer-man is almost as helpless as Steve Trevor...

WW_128.jpg

My favorite "impossible cover".

WW_129.jpg

Those are really nice ones once again. And I still don't have a #128.

But I can't let you carry this thread all by yourself. Here are a couple more scans of Wonder Woman books from my collection:

22-05-201111600PM.jpg

22-05-201111603PM.jpg

:cool:

More Wonder Tot antics with Mr Genie.

WW_130.jpg

I really like this cover. 3 mythological menaces. Neil Vokes did a really nice re-imagining of this cover for a recent Wonder Woman Day charity auction.

WW_131.jpg

My favorite Wonder Tot solo cover. I like the sence of vertigo the cover invokes...very similar to #104.

WW_132.jpg

I really like this cover. 3 mythological menaces. Neil Vokes did a really nice re-imagining of this cover for a recent Wonder Woman Day charity auction.

I love the multiple panel Wonder Woman covers!

:cool:

You hit the nail on the head on this cover -- the sense of vertigo and the unusual point of view and composition make this a stand-out Andru cover! :applause:

My favorite Wonder Tot solo cover. I like the sence of vertigo the cover invokes...very similar to #104.

WW_132.jpg

AtlasFan:

Those are all really nice copies again! Did you buy out a Wonder Woman collection or did you acquire all those Wonder Woman books just pecking away at them individually?

But I should try to catch up here with a few more scans of my own.

26-05-201163225PM.jpg

26-05-201163228PM.jpg

26-05-201163231PM.jpg

:cool:.

AtlasFan:

Those are all really nice copies again! Did you buy out a Wonder Woman collection or did you acquire all those Wonder Woman books just pecking away at them individually?

I bought up a big collection of high grade WW's from Harley Yee way back in the early 90s - mostly the 110's thru the 140's. I did have to peck away on the late 90's and 100s in order to complete the collection.

Only a high grade WW 101 escapes my complete Andru and Esposito run.

Now that's interesting. I picked up four or five Wonder Woman books of that same age from Harley Yee around the turn of the century. He of course had them priced way over guide but I took them anyway because I so rarely find them anywhere.

(shrug)

Here are three more from my run:

26-05-201163235PM.jpg

26-05-201163238PM.jpg

26-05-201163241PM.jpg

:headbang:

Now that's interesting. I picked up four or five Wonder Woman books of that same age from Harley Yee around the turn of the century. He of course had them priced way over guide but I took them anyway because I so rarely find them anywhere.

Interesting indeed! What issues are they? I grabbed eveything he had at the time from 110-150s (there were a few gaps, I recall). And, of course, they were all priced over-Guide. My only regret was that someone else got to the 90s-100s stuff before me! Ah well...

Interesting indeed! What issues are they?

Sorry. I just don't remember.

I love your #138 though! That's one of the ones I lack.

A few of mine.

You call that a few? Those issues are scarce in that grade!

Can you confirm that the interior artwork in the issues below #98 is by H.G. Peter?

???

Interesting indeed! What issues are they?

Sorry. I just don't remember.

I love your #138 though! That's one of the ones I lack.

It's a small world. I purchased a run of WW comics from Harley on October, 2000 . I still have the receipt. Looks like everything was about 3X guide. Harley had them graded as 'Unread'. He got these books from Dave Kapelka. Dave got them at a convention where the OO walked them in.

I later had many of these books graded and, for the most part, they graded all well. None were pressed and they all had excellent page quality.

I purchased 111,113,114,115,116,118,119,121,123,124,125,138,139,143,144,145,146,148,155,158 .

FYI, my 138 graded at 9.6 .

Hmmmmm. Looks to me as if I got your leftovers.

hm

But at least you got some nice books ! Harley had virtually a complete run up to

maybe about 160 when he offered them to me. I took about half the run filling in holes in my collection. In hindsight, I should have taken the whole run because they were nicer than the books I did already have.

Yeah, Diana vs Thermo-nuclear missles

WW_139.jpg

Another nice impossible cover

WW_140.jpg

Nice cover, but those villians are so lame..I wish they had recycled some of WW better GA villians like the Cheetah, Giganta or Ares...

WW_141.jpg

I have a particular soft touch in my heart for Wonder Woman 141 quite simply because it was the first Wonder Woman comic I ever bought and I still love the cover. It was also the intro and first appearance of the Mouse Man!

Here are scans of three more issues from my collection:

26-05-201163244PM.jpg

26-05-201163247PM.jpg

26-05-201163250PM.jpg

I bow to you and Bomber-Bob though. You two fellows put my Wonder Woman collection to shame.

:(