• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another Amazing Craigslist Deal!

18 posts in this topic

Other than being over priced whats the issue with this one?

:applause:

He isnt trying to sell something that it isnt :shrug:

So what is the deal other than it being overpriced?

Its ridiculously over priced like many of the other ads I see of people trying to sell Spawn #1's for $50 etc

Other than being over priced whats the issue with this one?

:applause:

He isnt trying to sell something that it isnt :shrug:

So what is the deal other than it being overpriced?

Its ridiculously over priced like many of the other ads I see of people trying to sell Spawn #1's for $50 etc

Well, as long as it's in "strict mint." :insane:

The saddest part is the fact he probably actually paid that back in '93....

I dunno, I remember those books being deep discounted back in 1993 right off the bat. i remember picking up a stack of the bagged green "limited" (125K) edition #1 for $2 a piece back then.

What's funny is that I see lots of Craigslist threads stating that so and so lot/book is way overpriced. But when a book is listed on this forum with a certain price and a person says it's overpriced, it's considered threadkrapping and that forum members can list their books at any price they choose without ridicule. I say be consistant peeps.

What's funny is that I see lots of Craigslist threads stating that so and so lot/book is way overpriced. But when a book is listed on this forum with a certain price and a person says it's overpriced, it's considered threadkrapping and that forum members can list their books at any price they choose without ridicule. I say be consistant peeps.

Apples to oranges. Noone is posting in the guys Craiglist "thread" directly. Minimal if any impact on his potential audience.

Apples to oranges. Noone is posting in the guys Craiglist "thread" directly. Minimal if any impact on his potential audience.

Not apples to oranges. Many forum members troll craigslist for potential goldmines. So yet, this thread has an impact on his potential sale.

Um. yeah. I believe that every area of the country has similarly overpriced craigslist posts. One of the beautiful things about craigslist is that there are no listing fees. No sale? No big deal.

When you shop craigslist, you know what you're going to face. Just like any show, flea market, garage sale, etc...Why hate unless it's intentionally evil?

Similarly, when you use a port-a-potty, are your expectations the same as your own in home restroom? No. You go in with lowered expectations, just like craigslist.

Ask any shop owner how many people walk in with a box of youngbloods/spawn/maxx/ spidey, etc... from the 90's and can't believe they can't pay for their kids college with the proceeds, so i say just let it go. I've had great finds (unlike port a potty's) on craigslist buying comics.

my .02 cents...

---------------------

criticizing a thread from an anonymous wackadoodle poster on craigslist is very different than doing so with respect to a semi-anonymous (but not really) poster in this community forum where we share ideas and factoids, help eachother out (sometimes), sometimes (some of us) drink together, show pictures of our families, etc.

not to mention, you never get crazy pricing like that here. people think something is vastly overpriced here if it's a NM Bronze Age book someone wants guide for or trying to get $2 each for lower grade silver age books that guide for $4-$6.