• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top Golden Comic picks

60 posts in this topic

Top 3 for me will always include (in no particular order)

Action #1

Detective Comics #27

Marvel Comics #1

The remaing two will vary depending on what the criteria is but I'd choose from the following:

Superman #1

Batman #1

MPFW #1

Whiz #1

Captain America #1

For what it is worth, I believe BATMAN #1 is under-rated. It is the first appearance of the Joker and the Catwoman. The Joker is perhaps the greatest villian of all-time and we all love villians.

There is an opinion out there that BAT#1 is a common book. That might be so compared to a Superman 1 but availability (supply) isn't a bad thing. That helps create a market. Can't own something you can't find. Besides, it really isn't a common book, esp in high grade (unrestored).

Books like Marvel #1, All-American 16, Captain America 1, More Fun 52, etc might be scarce compared to Batman 1 but those characters don't have the popular culture appeal (Demand) that Batman has and moving forward into time Batman and the Joker will live on in spades. Capt America, Green Lantern, human Torch, etc will always be second/third tier characters. One just has to see the record breaking $$$ #s that came out of the Batman movies.

I think in 15-20 years, the 5 most expensive comics will be:

Detective 27

Action 1

Amazing Fantasy 15 (don't be surprised to see other silver age marvel books make the top 10)

Batman 1

Superman 1

For near-term investment, I would look at

Detective 140, Detective 168 and Batman 47. They are tough books and will benefit from the Batman franchise.

Batman 1 deserves more love. It is an important book. Superman 1 is just a reprint of the first couple of Actions with a new pin-up (yawn). IMO, Supply isn't the most important factor, DEMAND is and BATMAN is the most popular comic book character and will continue to be for years to come.

just my 2cents :0)

For what it is worth, I believe BATMAN #1 is under-rated. It is the first appearance of the Joker and the Catwoman. The Joker is perhaps the greatest villian of all-time and we all love villians.

There is an opinion out there that BAT#1 is a common book. That might be so compared to a Superman 1 but availability (supply) isn't a bad thing. That helps create a market. Can't own something you can't find. Besides, it really isn't a common book, esp in high grade (unrestored).

Books like Marvel #1, All-American 16, Captain America 1, More Fun 52, etc might be scarce compared to Batman 1 but those characters don't have the popular culture appeal (Demand) that Batman has and moving forward into time Batman and the Joker will live on in spades. Capt America, Green Lantern, human Torch, etc will always be second/third tier characters. One just has to see the record breaking $$$ #s that came out of the Batman movies.

Detective 27

Action 1

Amazing Fantasy 15 (don't be surprised to see other silver age marvel books make the top 10)

Batman 1

Superman 1

Detective 140, Detective 168 and Batman 47. They are tough books and will benefit from the Batman franchise.

Batman 1 deserves more love. It is an important book. Superman 1 is just a reprint of the first couple of Actions with a new pin-up (yawn). IMO, Supply isn't the most important factor, DEMAND is and BATMAN is the most popular comic book character and will continue to be for years to come.

Can't agree with you more (worship)

Detective 27

Action 1

Batman 1

Superman 1

I agree with most all except that unrestored Supes 1 is much harder to come by than unrestored bats 1 (thumbs u

Dinner time Fav Five. ;)

USA 6

USA 7

USA 8

USA 9

USA 10

i'm hungry

Working on your post count, heh? ;):baiting:

not really, I only have a little over 1000 left :cry:

Why exactly are you quitting after 28,967? You may have said already, but I am still catching up to your first 27,000 posts lol

Dinner time Fav Five. ;)

USA 6

USA 7

USA 8

USA 9

USA 10

i'm hungry

Working on your post count, heh? ;):baiting:

not really, I only have a little over 1000 left :cry:

Why exactly are you quitting after 28,967? You may have said already, but I am still catching up to your first 27,000 posts lol

my last PM with Nik was that I was going to catch him post wise... he pm'd back that I would never pass him (with a lol ) ...

so, I will stop one post under him, as my tribute

Well I hope the Mods can freeze your post count, or you reconsider. The place just wouldn't be the same without you....
keep in mind that "detective27kid" won't be posting anymore... I didn't say "I" wouldn't ;)

Well I hope the Mods can freeze your post count, or you reconsider. The place just wouldn't be the same without you....
keep in mind that "detective27kid" won't be posting anymore... I didn't say "I" wouldn't ;)

Mods will be notified of your shill :rulez:

Mods will be notified of your shill :rulez:

:gossip: it won't be a secret lol