• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BEHOLD . . . BLACK LOTUS

106 posts in this topic

funny.. I never got rid of my magic cards. Haven't touched them since 95 or so... I know I have 1 black lotus wonder what the others are going for.

Well, if you're ever looking to sell/trade any of them, lemme know. I still collect the older sets, from Alpha -Urzas Saga and I am always interested in adding to my collection (thumbs u

come on now, no need to be snide. :) In terms of 90s stuff, magic was pretty big. And this is the best copy of "the" card.
I would think an ALPHA Black Lotus would be THE card.

Absolutely! Only approximately 1100 of each alpha rare printed

Alpha cards were printed using a different shape to the card. The next set called Beta is the standard used from then ( 1993 ) to current day. This made Beta black lotus a far more desireable card.

blacklotus.jpg

OK, why is this an important card?

It is the fact that it is a 10?

Or is there really only one black lotus?

and, out of interest, do people press cards? Does it cause as much of a ruckus as pressing comics does?

Think of it as the Action 1 of Magic cards. However, if I had an extra 89k to spend, I'd go with the Action 1.

I didn't really think there was a market for Magic cards anymore. I remember giving away commons by the hundreds back in the day to a schoolteacher acquaintance who gave them to his students.

I would have to disagree since this is from the beta series and Black Lotus where available in Alpha series.

What I want to know is what the card does for you...I mean does it add Magic to your Gathering of druids, orcs, and lesser imps?

I don't get it.

In magic the Gathering you need to put out what are called lands. You have plains/white, forest/green, swamp/black, mountain/red and islands/blue. Well at the top of creature or spell cards is a casting cost. Well this black lotus allows you to add 3 mana to your pool so that you can cast something from any of these colours including artifacts and multicoloured cards. If you had a black lotus in your first hand and since it itself is an artifact with 0 casting cost you could in your first turn cast it and put your land down for your turn then on your second turn put down an other land card thus giving you the abilty to cast a spell or creature with a casting cost of 5. Was also very useful in multi coloured decks thus making it a powerful card.

I prefer garbage pail kids.

I loved those as a kid. I need to find a first series set for under $150.

Do they still sell well? I have some first series and a collector box. I've been giving them as birthday gifts when the names match.

What I want to know is what the card does for you...I mean does it add Magic to your Gathering of druids, orcs, and lesser imps?

I don't get it.

It does one thing for you - speed. If you have that card in your opening draw, chances are you can hit the other guy before he hits you and an early advantage often means an eventual win.

I prefer garbage pail kids.

I loved those as a kid. I need to find a first series set for under $150.

Do they still sell well? I have some first series and a collector box. I've been giving them as birthday gifts when the names match.

The frist series stuff brings decent money. Sets get $100-250 depending on condition. Not sure about singles.

What is a collector's box?