• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are your other hobbies?

112 posts in this topic

I don't think this is an acceptable practice Anymore, card and comic shows together. Someone tell me if I am wrong.

I was pretty heavy into sports cards from about 1986 to the early to mid 90's and back then I don't recall combo comic/sports card shows. it was either one of the other.

After a little digging, I found these show fliers from the 80's showing Comic Book and Baseball Card shows together at one event.

show3.jpg

show2.jpg

show1.jpg

Anyone else know of any across the USA?

Being a wiseass on the CGC boards

Mine are

Helping old ladies across the street

Color coding my frosted flakes

Being a know it all wiseass on the CGC boards

Being a friend to n00bs

(thumbs u

Fixed

Marathon running.

I'm doing 26.2 on Sunday at the Stillwater Marathon in Minnesota. I was counting on hills up and down the bluffs of the St. Croix River, but I wasn't counting on heat.

Hopefully the Mercury will stay as low as possible.

I always thought it would be funny to see a Flash cover where he has ice packs on his shins and a caption reading"Flash defeated by medial tibial stress syndrome?'" (aka shin splints).

If you can't tell by my moniker, I am a big fan of the University of Minnesota's Golden Gopher athletic teams - particularly football. The last time we won a Big Ten title, it was still the middle of the Silver Age :P

Ive been collecting guns longer than comics, seeing as I just got back into comics, my funds cant keep up! Next is breaking into the class 3 market, thinking a full auto Ingram MAC 10 and a .556 KAC supressor!!!

Here are some finds from my other hobby, metaldetecting

Let's start with the first trip this year to a lake i hit for the first time.

Not sure what the heck goes on at this lake, we have stict gun laws here and what would you even

shot at a lake with that type of ammo ? (ammo is not live, would not have polished it if it was ;) )

finds008.jpg

Here is a gold plated silver pendant that i have never gotten translated (anyone speak russian? )

russian1.jpgrussian2.jpg

smallrings.jpg

I like this one, 14k with ruby ?

thumbr.jpg

Only ring i've found that fits my fatty fingers, lol and it even has my initial

finds007.jpg

A $300 Pandora Bracelet (Mom called dips on it for borrowing her car, oh well)

finds006.jpg

tiniest wedding band ever :) and 8k chain

finds005.jpg

This was a good 3hour hunt, $40, 2x14k and silver

finds004.jpg

Another good day, $20 gas money and silver wedding band with gold thread

finds001.jpg

Another tiny ring, both are 8k

finds003.jpg

Best gold find, 9gram 22k ring :)

916v.jpg

Me in action, i'm not flipping you the bird but holding up the first find of the day, believe it was a 20kr (ca $3) coin

finds002.jpg

Last but not least, some nature shots

nature001s.jpg

p9100703.jpg

nature010.jpg

nature009z.jpg

Black Adder i think

nature004.jpg

nature003.jpg

Thats me, digging another "!#%¤!¤ pulltab :)

nature002.jpg

And remember folks

Gold is where you find it...

and Finders Keepers, Losers Weepers :banana:

Very cool! I hope to take up metal detecting when I retire.

Why wait ? If you don't live near water you can always go coinshooting at kids playgrounds or toboggan hills, people lose all sorts of stuff there :applause:

I hope to be partially retired in 3 years and live on the water. I may do some practicing in the meantime though.

hope to be partially retired in 3 years and live on the water. I may do some practicing in the meantime though.

Or at least read up on detectors before hand, took me 3 month to decide on my first (land) detector back in 03 when i first startet. Not that many choices when it comes to underwater models though.

But i recommend spending some time on The Treasure Depot

hope to be partially retired in 3 years and live on the water. I may do some practicing in the meantime though.

Or at least read up on detectors before hand, took me 3 month to decide on my first (land) detector back in 03 when i first startet. Not that many choices when it comes to underwater models though.

But i recommend spending some time on The Treasure Depot

Thanks for the link! (thumbs u

Very cool! I hope to take up metal detecting when I retire.

Why wait ? If you don't live near water you can always go coinshooting at kids playgrounds or toboggan hills, people lose all sorts of stuff there :applause:

Thomas is right, do not wait. Another good site I am on daily is treasurenet.com. There is a catagory for about every model of detector plus ways to hunt. I've never tried water hunting but I like land hunting.

The northwest corner of what used to be my dad's and now my farm was a ghost town at one time. The buildings had disappeared by 1900 or so. Here is most of what I and my dad had found there between 1996 and 2005. We found many iron relics but these are the coins and some tokens.

Obverse (front) side

NorthFieldobverse-resized.jpg

and reverse (tails or back side)

NorthFieldreverse-resized.jpg

Wow, that's a lot of coins! :applause: Thomas was kind enough to send me a ton of info on metal detectors. I do plan on purchasing one sometime this year.

I'm interested in doing this also. I read that the Garett Detectors are pretty good for the price. ?

DRX