• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fight Against Crime #20 Decapitation cover 1954

82 posts in this topic

In the pulp and comic world, red dresses should always be sold with a consumer advisory warning attached to alert potential buyers about the increased risks they might face from fiends. lol

Too true but that wouldn't stop them I fear! :eek:

88168.jpg.a9537d2601c28d46924019cd3ce89dca.jpg

GEEZ.....check out the BIN price of only 69.95 for (what was described as) a G to G+ copy of this issue.

Here is the link, which will eventually die.... ebay link

Here is a picture from the auction.....

fight_against_crime20.jpg

I'll bet someone couldn't believe it when they ran into this on ebay.

If it were me, I couldn't have hit the Buy-it-Now fast enough.

It looks like the highest graded copy of this issue is a CGC 7.5, which sold for almost $4200 on Heritage (in August, 2009)

Does anyone remember from an ebay auction (could have been a couple years or more ago) a CGC DOUBLE COVER of this issue ??

I vividly remember it sold for less than $1000.

Anyway, I've always thought this cover was the epitome of the CRIME and HORROR genre.

Some lucky person is a member of the club for only $75.00 including shipping.

In the collection I picked up at Wizard Chicago a couple months back it had a 1.8-2.0 copy and sold it for $560 to the first person who saw it.

If not for GPA I would have not known the real value of this comic.

In the collection I picked up at Wizard Chicago a couple months back it had a 1.8-2.0 copy and sold it for $560 to the first person who saw it.

If not for GPA I would have not known the real value of this comic.

That's super-awesome. So the buyer happily accepted the $560 price ? Were' they pretty excited to see a copy for sale ?

Nice job on the sale.

It was more than he wanted to pay but he had tried to bid on several over the last few years and would always lose.

A friend with him convinced him to buy the comic as he would probably never find one at guide.

It was priced at $700 but they bought several comics so I gave them 20% off.

I remember pricing the comic the night before along with a lot of the other comics from the collection. With the condition of the comic the Overstreet value was about $60 so I priced it at what I thought was a crazy price of $475. I thought about it for a few seconds and then priced it at $550. I then priced a few other comics then went back and changed the price again to $700.

Did I go a bit over-board ??

I hope it didn't take the page forever to load...I tried to keep the filesize down.

No, the size is good - thanks for the cover montage!

This girl has more lives than Jack Bauer! :o

It was more than he wanted to pay but he had tried to bid on several over the last few years and would always lose.

A friend with him convinced him to buy the comic as he would probably never find one at guide.

It was priced at $700 but they bought several comics so I gave them 20% off.

Wow....what sap would pay that much for it??????

Oh wait.....it was me.

Nevermind!