• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

why does walking dead#1 go for a good amount of coin?

147 posts in this topic

and yes, to hate the Yankees? I mean, after all, they ARE the most famous, and historical, of ALL sports franchises ...and I meant ALL....GLOBAL....EVER!

What???

You think people from the UK and 95% of Europe would relate more to the New York Yankees than Manchester United, Barcelona or Real Madrid?

:screwy:

Well, no...that wasn't my point, nor intention. What I did WRITE was..the NEW YORK YANKEES are THE most SUCCESSFUL, FAMOUS, and WELL KNOWN, sports franchise on Earth! Yes, FAR more than Man U. or any other SOCCER team ;)

Regardless of you hating, never watching, or not giving two es about them, they are what they are, the NEW YORK YANKEES! :headbang:

do superheroes have an expiration date?

Not yet....about 60+ years and counting.... :applause:

and yes, to hate the Yankees? is to hate America, apple pie, and muscle cars ...I mean, after all, they ARE the most famous, and historical, of ALL sports franchises ...and I meant ALL....GLOBAL....EVER!

Do you all hate the stars and stripes as well? hm

JesusHatesYankees.jpg

and yes, to hate the Yankees? is to hate America, apple pie, and muscle cars ...I mean, after all, they ARE the most famous, and historical, of ALL sports franchises ...and I meant ALL....GLOBAL....EVER!

JesusHatesYankees.jpg

(tsk)

oopsie...dangerous to bring religion/faith into this...not a good idea at all!

and yes, to hate the Yankees? I mean, after all, they ARE the most famous, and historical, of ALL sports franchises ...and I meant ALL....GLOBAL....EVER!

What???

You think people from the UK and 95% of Europe would relate more to the New York Yankees than Manchester United, Barcelona or Real Madrid?

Booz,

This may be something you have never encountered before.

I have a lot of friends who are New Yorkers. Most of them are great people and I love them.

However, there are some New Yorkers that believe the extreme outer reaches of the known universe do not exceed the perimeter of their own navel.

It's just how it is.

Best,

Chris

lol I bow to you for this one Chris. (worship)

Oh, please.

:roflmao: That might be an even better custom title for Lebowski!

What the hell does that even mean, "most historical"....?

:gossip: Dat's Yankee fan talk for "Friggin Awesome....Ay Yo!"

yankee_fan.jpg

Nope....not obnoxious in the least. meh

Really? seriously? you're that intellectually challenged? that you cannot ascertain the purpose, and fact, of that word in this context? :makepoint:

What???

Well, no...that wasn't my point, nor intention. What I did WRITE was..the NEW YORK YANKEES are THE most SUCCESSFUL, FAMOUS, and WELL KNOWN, sports franchise on Earth! Yes, FAR more than Man U. or any other SOCCER team ;)

None of this is true.

Really? seriously? you're that intellectually challenged? that you cannot ascertain the purpose, and fact, of that word in this context? :makepoint:

What the hell does that even mean, "most historical"...?

Now answer the question asked.

I ignored your language butchery last time.

I am sure Amadeus can handle this one on his own.

However, if I had to guess what he meant, he is most likely referring to your complete and total misuse of "Historic" vs. "Historical".

And, as an aside, you probably should not be calling others intellectual talents into question while simultaneously failing in use, capitalization, and punctuation.

More simply put, in this context, I can ascertain that you are Godzilla and the English language is Tokyo. (thumbs u

However, if I had to guess what he meant, he is most likely referring to your complete and total misuse of "Historic" vs. "Historical".

And, as an aside, you probably should not be calling others intellectual talents into question while simultaneously failing in use, capitalization, and punctuation.

More simply put, in this context, I can ascertain that you are Godzilla and the English language is Tokyo. (thumbs u

Oh lord, doh! the DICKTION police have arrived. You BOTH do realize the words "historic" and "historical" are essentially interchangeable ...right? :makepoint: They mean exactly the same, except the TINY nuance of specificity...(historic= past historical= past or present)

I didn't realize my diction and grammar were being graded, and that my lack of proper capitalization, and punctuation, are signs of ??? my idiocy? lol

Oh, boy, watch out for the sharp tools in here, folks...

This is so pathetic.

Let's just reduce it back to the facts:

1) The Yankees are kind of gay.

2) WD is amazing.

People who don't agree aren't as smart. I mean, that's what we're saying here, right?

This is so pathetic.

Let's just reduce it back to the facts:

1) The Yankees are kind of gay.

2) WD is amazing.

People who don't agree aren't as smart. I mean, that's what we're saying here, right?

The Yankees are GAY? meaning? hm

Oh lord, doh! the DICKTION police have arrived. You BOTH do realize the words "historic" and "historical" are essentially interchangeable ...right? :makepoint: They mean exactly the same, except the TINY nuance of specificity...(historic= past historical= past or present)

I didn't realize my diction and grammar were being graded, and that my lack of proper capitalization, and punctuation, are signs of ??? my idiocy? lol

Oh, boy, watch out for the sharp tools in here, folks...

So you call Amadeus out as being intellectually challenged, and then get offended when someone points out how you might be lacking in the same area?

At least you've mastered the definition of "double standard".

If you think they mean the exact same thing, then I weep for your teachers, they have failed you. The context you used "historical" in meant that they existed in and are a part of the past. Historical imputes nothing to the magnitude of accomplishment. If you would have said "historic" (which is what you meant to say given the context) then you would have meant they have accomplished something that has never been done before.

Personally, I don't care which one you used. People seem to type with their feet in this place. It's par for the course. However, you came after Amadeus, essentially calling out his intelligence on word usage while at the same time butchering the language.

I can tolerate idiocy all day long. I am not so good at tolerating absurd double standards.

And for the record I'd rather be a sharp tool than an obtuse one.

Go Yankees!!!

yankee_fan-739206.jpg