• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which All-American 16 will finish higher at qualitycomix auction?

AA16 winner  

273 members have voted

1. 1. AA16 winner

37 posts in this topic

The option to watch it crumble and be a hard sell :shrug:

Might be an excellent candidate for leaf casting though hm

Just saying that you have the option to keep it unrestored or restore it to your own satisfaction.

Some people prefer unrestored. I prefer options.

The option to watch it crumble and be a hard sell :shrug:

Might be an excellent candidate for leaf casting though hm

Just saying that you have the option to keep it unrestored or restore it to your own satisfaction.

Some people prefer unrestored. I prefer options.

This is why I found these two auctions intriguing, though I expect the restored book will trounce the 1.0 book. It probably would've been a more fair race had the unrestored book been a 2.0.

Is Qualitycomix becoming a bigger player amongst the auctioneers?

I hope so. Brent is one of the good guys.

I agree 250%.

Brent is one of the good ones.

The town he lives in scared the bejesus out of me,

but he's still a class act.

:cloud9:

Anyway I still cherish this jewel I bought from Brent...

86457.jpg

:cloud9:

Wow, this auction definitely is surprising, and I am a huge fan of the unrestored. The seller of the restored comic might want to think about unrestoring the book if it can't even beat a 1.0 with brittle pages.

I'm sure the reserve deterred a lot of people from bidding. Still, a final bid that is less than 1/10-th the unrestored value seems very discouraging.

Wow, this auction definitely is surprising, and I am a huge fan of the unrestored. The seller of the restored comic might want to think about unrestoring the book if it can't even beat a 1.0 with brittle pages.

I'm sure the reserve deterred a lot of people from bidding. Still, a final bid that is less than 1/10-th the unrestored value seems very discouraging.

Wow, less than 1/10th :o

What was the final prices? You know I wonder if just simply ripping the cover off the off the comic, and receiving a no grade from CGC would of garnered a higher price?!

I'd say that 1/10th is normal for an extensively restored book. FMV of a restored book will always depend on how much resto and the type of resto. A slight professionally restored book might fetch as much as 1/2 FMV of an unrestored book, and depending on the resto, possibly more.

R.

I'd say that 1/10th is normal for an extensively restored book. FMV of a restored book will always depend on how much resto and the type of resto. A slight professionally restored book might fetch as much as 1/2 FMV of an unrestored book, and depending on the resto, possibly more.

R.

this is true. only exception would be trimming.

R.

this is true. only exception would be trimming.

If I am not mistaken, isn't a NG or 0.5 more than 1/10th of a 1.0? If that is the case, shouldn't the owner just rip the cover off send it to CGC and have it graded as NG?