• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which All-American 16 will finish higher at qualitycomix auction?

AA16 winner  

273 members have voted

1. 1. AA16 winner

37 posts in this topic

Two All-American 16's are in the current qualitycomix auction:

an Extensive (P) Restored 7.0 OW-W and

a Universal 1.0 Brittle.

This could be an interesting race to see which gets the higher bid, although since both have reserves, the final bids may not necessarily be indicative of what they would really finish at.

So which will be the winner?

Is Qualitycomix becoming a bigger player amongst the auctioneers?

I hope so. Brent is one of the good guys.

It seems that books over $100 have no commission? Is he just doing that to build business? Because that would mean he is making almost nothing on the items except for the small buyer's premium.

It seems that books over $100 have no commission? Is he just doing that to build business? Because that would mean he is making almost nothing on the items except for the small buyer's premium.

This confuses me as well and I wouldn't be able to bid until it was explained. I looked at the terms of sale and auction help descriptions on the site and didn't see an explanation. I'll have to assume that no consignment fees on expensive books means that the books don't go through Brent's hands at all, meaning there is no real "consignment," but the auctions are more like E-Bay, where it's all consumer-to-consumer and you could get hosed.

This confuses me as well and I wouldn't be able to bid until it was explained. I looked at the terms of sale and auction help descriptions on the site and didn't see an explanation. I'll have to assume that no consignment fees on expensive books means that the books don't go through Brent's hands at all, meaning there is no real "consignment," but the auctions are more like E-Bay, where it's all consumer-to-consumer and you could get hosed.

I think this is Brent's last auction with the 0% commission. This was a great way to get his auctions on the map, but now it's time for it to pay off.

BTW, it is a nice website.

Can that other auction site upgrade their site for freak's sake. It's gotta be just a tinsy bit embarassing that a 0% commission site has a better looking site.

Yes, they make more. But at this point that fact only makes it more embarassing to have such a dinosaur looking website.

Every book that gets sold on the site comes thru our hands. We process and ship every book to our customers.

The 0% commission on CGC certified books over $100 promotion ends December 31st. Our commission structure in 2010 and going forward will be 7% for most CGC certified books. Details will be forthcoming on our website and thru our newsletter etc.

Every book that gets sold on the site comes thru our hands. We process and ship every book to our customers.

The 0% commission on CGC certified books over $100 promotion ends December 31st. Our commission structure in 2010 and going forward will be 7% for most CGC certified books. Details will be forthcoming on our website and thru our newsletter etc.

glad to hear your hands on. I definately wil try your site out.

Ah sweet, hope it's going well for you. I'll be watching at least one of the big books. :wishluck:

if the 1.0 book didn't have brittle pages, i'd probably say that one. no I wouldn't, just kidding. brittle pages are the KoD for many collectors, rare book or no.

most copies of this book that come up for sale anywhere are restored, so the market's well primed already, insofar as expectations are concerned. it wouldn't surprise me at all to see the restored copy sell for quite a few multiples over the brittle-paged one