• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another painting for a nephew - Batman & Villians

14 posts in this topic

When I find extra time from school lately, I tend to paint. (Not post though. Sorry.) I started this one about 5 months ago. It's for my 5 year old nephew who's room I painted the Batman mural. His older brother got a Hulk painting and his twin got a Spidey Vs. Rogues painting last year. But he didn't have one that he could take with him. I had an image percolating in my head for awhile on how I'd like to do a Batman painting.

This one took awhile. I thought I'd never get through the city scape. lol I tried to set this up like a movie poster and added the old-style Batmobile roaring out of his cape. The villians were the part I did last and couldn't wait to get to. The ones I'm happiest with are:

Catwoman & Poison Ivy - I had never painted a woman's face before and I think they turned out OK. (Thanks to the Playboy 50 Year coffee table book I own. lol )

Scarecrow - actually, I had done a black and white of just him last year and gave it to Shiverbones. This was a similar take-off of that one.

Joker & Mr. Freeze - both turned out ok. I really like the Mr. Freeze. I kept the Joker a bit balanced. Not too campy but not Heath Ledger either. So many ways you can intrepret him. Bane was a challenge until I added "eyes", or at least the shadows of them, in his red goggles. Without them, he was too flat.

As always, thanks for letting me share it here.

IMG_2646.jpg[/img]

IMG_2644.jpg[/img]

IMG_2647.jpg[/img]

IMG_2648.jpg[/img]

IMG_2646.jpg[/img]

Amazing. Well done.

As somebody who used to draw...and IMO draw very well, I have always been amazed at what people can do with paint. My 7 year old already paints better than I do. I don't know what it is but I find painting to be incredibly difficult. I find no ease, no flow, nothing natural about it. Every time I have tried it turns into a jumbled mess of what appears to be a failed attempt at a Jackson Pollock repro. Super difficult for me so major props to you and all those who paint. I'm always impressed by the work. (thumbs u

I think the next one will be traditional (ie. landscape, etc.) for our neighbors who always help us out.

After that, I've ran out of nephews. I have nieces and daughters but superheroes aren't there thing. lol I might do a few just for me. I've been kicking around a Silver Surfer vs. Darkseid for a few years.