• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

And people wonder why folks get a little bit peeved...

1,324 posts in this topic

Any time the topic of pressing comes up, somewhere, sometime, the pro-pressers will usually begin talking about how there is a feeling that the other side tends to make personal attacks on those who press.

Well, the topic was even being discussed and someone takes a swipe at those who do press. Folks, we might not ever agree on pressing. That is fine. But is it too much to ask that the character and morals of those of us who do press, and do disclose (cause that is what it is about right?) NOT get called names that are synonyms for cheat, thief, liar, etc?

The GL #1 and some of the earlier issues were picked up by a private collector and are disappearing for a while I think.

I sure hope that's the case, Roy. I figured at that price it must be going to some dirtbag presser who's planning on making a profit by getting it up to a 9.4.

I guess it doesnt bother some to question people's character over a message board. I just wonder if they would be willing so willing to say that in a face to face conversation.

Thanks Tim. It seems your hypocrisy knows no bounds

Well, the topic was even being discussed and someone takes a swipe at those who do press. Folks, we might not ever agree on pressing. That is fine. But is it too much to ask that the character and morals of those of us who do press, and do disclose (cause that is what it is about right?) NOT get called names that are synonyms for cheat, thief, liar, etc?

For those that do disclose, yes. Those that don't are cheaters.

:o

:roflmao:

Any time the topic of pressing comes up, somewhere, sometime, the pro-pressers will usually begin talking about how there is a feeling that the other side tends to make personal attacks on those who press.

The GL #1 and some of the earlier issues were picked up by a private collector and are disappearing for a while I think.

I sure hope that's the case, Roy. I figured at that price it must be going to some dirtbag presser who's planning on making a profit by getting it up to a 9.4.

I guess it doesnt bother some to question people's character over a message board. I just wonder if they would be willing so willing to say that in a face to face conversation.

Dirtbag. :baiting:

Geez, I hope Mikey doesn't get a strike for that.... :P

If they strike him now, he'll return more powerful than they can possibly imagine.

Help me, Hot Steaming Press, you're my only hope.... **sound of static**

lightsaber-battle.gif

Dirtbag. :baiting:

:whee:

Geez, I hope Mikey doesn't get a strike for that.... :P

If they strike him now, he'll return more powerful than they can possibly imagine.

lightsaber-battle.gif

Mmmm....Hot, Steamy Press.....

Maybe my statement was abrasive, not nice, or many other things, but I'm not sure how it's hypocritical, Arex. (shrug)

No, I don't buy into this whole "it's okay to press if you disclose" business. Which is one of the reasons why I never joined NOD. I'm opposed to pressing. Full stop. And will continue to make my feelings about the practice very clear.

If it makes you feel any better, I do agree that the ones who don't disclose are even bigger dirtbags.

I'll bet Danny Dupcak is a dirtbag presser hm

I don't understand the benefit of pressing a bag of dirt. (shrug)