• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slightly OT - Anyone watching "V" tonight?

93 posts in this topic

V drew in an 40% of the american audience back in 83 and the year after for the sequel. WOW! (worship)

I was in 8th grade at the time and remember getting in trouble for talking in class with a friend of mine. We were discussing the coolness of the visitors eating! :headbang:

If anyone remembers, Kenneth Johnson ( who wrote the original ) walked with his scripts after the first two ( 2 hour parts of the mini-series ). He got into a dispute with the network ( if I remember correctly , about rushing the finale to make its debut. Johnson said he wasnt finished yet and there was no way he could wrap it up without more time. They gave him a date that they wanted to air the last three hours and he wouldnt commit to a deadline so he walked, scripts and all. The Final Battle had a new team of writers, and it showed in the last 3 two hour episodes. Although I really enjoyed the whole mini-series, there was a definate lack of direction in The Final Battle. Johnson claims to this day he has never watched the last three two hour episodes. I always wondered what the original scripts he had looked like, and what he had in store for the last three hours. Networks seem put money before quality much of the time.Still looking forward to the new show though, I cant wait. I think I still have a pair of those glasses somewhere.

DRX

Ummm....yep (thumbs u . Had my DVR set to start recording the series a week ago. Watched the mini series marathon on SyFy all day Sunday. This was one of the shows that defined what I grew up on!! :whee:

I recorded the miniseries this weekend, and then the regular series on Monday. My fiancee had never seen it before and is now hooked on the old ones. Obviously we will be recording the new one. WSOP ME coverage is also on tonight so I'll be watching that and then catching V when she gets home from work.

Im in. One hour. No Michael Ironside or He Man or Freddy. Morena is beyond hot although I despise butch haircuts. I loved the original and always wanted to be a part of a resistance movement.

Im in. One hour. No Michael Ironside or He Man or Freddy. Morena is beyond hot although I despise butch haircuts. I loved the original and always wanted to be a part of a resistance movement.

You mean Beast-Master not He-man :insane:

michael ironsides is actually still around...he played some private detective or desperate housewives a couple of years ago and still looks like he can do some damage.

yes, we'll be watching. my wife is a bit of sci fi geek (so long as it loops into 60's - 80's nostalgia) and she is hyped about it coming back.

I lucked out and saw the pilot a couple of months ago.

It's fun. I'm a little biased having been a huge fan of the original series, but who cares, at least we have V again!! Even though the new visitor leader is nice on the eyes, she is no Diana! :cloud9:

Hide the small birds and guinea pigs folks! V is back tonight!! :headbang: