• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink Question

17 posts in this topic

Was perusing Comiclink the other day. Came across a book that looked familiar. It was a high GA DC that was listed as sale pending (at a below guide price).

Turns out that this was a book I bought from Heritage about 9 months ago (and still have in my collection).

How is this possible? Could Comiclink have a book that is sale pending that was sold by Heritage in February?

It's possible the book was originally purchased off comiclink.

then... the owner consigned with Heritage, which you had won.

I speculate the "sale pending" is old. Check out the date. Sometimes previous sales stay on the site for a while. Especially obscure books that have only been listed once for the title, or issue number. It's kind of nice to see a reference, even if it's an old sale.

I think it keeps some of the titles more accessible for browsing. I personally like the reference.

Well, so was the sale date before you bought the item ?

Maybe it would have been good to check it before placing your max bid. 2c

Also, I think they are busy, rather than lazy.

if you want the sale pending removed, you can try to contact them.

But I'm not their spokesman, so I'm off this thread.

I would think they could take a book that they had shipped out at least 10 months ago off the site. Does it take a rocket scientist to find a way to update those listings? Seems kind lazy.

Most likely someone bought it at Comiclink, sold to Heritage which you bought. For me, its a good reference point so I like it if they keep the sale pending as its information you can use in buying/selling the same book.

It's possible the book was originally purchased off comiclink.

then... the owner consigned with Heritage, which you had won.

I speculate the "sale pending" is old. Check out the date. Sometimes previous sales stay on the site for a while. Especially obscure books that have only been listed once for the title, or issue number. It's kind of nice to see a reference, even if it's an old sale.

I don't think CL lists a sales date for sales pending listings.

it's a function of the sheer crappiness of ComicLink's web site.

along with their lack of desire to keep any sort of sales archive for the general public's use, which is both their prerogative and a shame

There site is very strange, it still has a Daredevil 168 I won in an auction from 4 months ago. Needless to say it's not pending since it sitting right next to me. It would be nice if they would do a little house cleaning :eyeroll:

it's a function of the sheer crappiness of ComicLink's web site.

along with their lack of desire to keep any sort of sales archive for the general public's use, which is both their prerogative and a shame

+1

My friend Sal said it perfectly. Lock the thread now. :applause:

I concur likely an old Clink sale that has not yet been removed....

I believe josh once told me they manually remove pending sales every so often, though don't quote me, I might be mistaken

I don't mind the data remaining, it's the "Sale Pending" that remains for a year.

To someone that doesn't know, it looks like nothing ever actually sells on Clink. If people that sell on Clink take a year to ship a book and close the sale, I'd be hesitant about doing business there.

At least that's how it appears because of the lingering "Sale Pending".

Comiclink is the poor man's GPA, this is a feature, not a flaw.

Why does it bother some of you that the sales data is not immediately removed ?

I use it as reference, it's very helpful.

Plus C-Link doesn't report to GPA [unless that has changed recently?] so its essential as far as I'm concerned. More info is a good thing.