• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four #1 CGC 4.5

17 posts in this topic

Hate to put this up for sale, but an opportunity has presented itself and that means an opportunity is created for all the boardies here :).

GPA for a 4.5 is $3,450 and a 4.5 just sold on comiclink for $4,250

I'm asking $3,750 for this copy. Time payments are accepted and terms can be very flexible.

FF1-1.jpg

I'll take it via PM or in the thread trumps all offers.

Thanks for looking!

To answer some questions I've received via PM:

I have e-mailed Matt Nelson about tape removal, his feeling is that while the tap can be removed, doing so likely will not improve the grade enough that it is worth risking the possibility that the removal will result in a PLOD.

I purchased the book slabbed so I cannot attest to whether or not it has been pressed.

:)

Well, I got 22 bucks cash this week...

(Sigh, back when I was in high school you could have ordered a copy from the Robert Bell/Howard Rogofsky types for just about that amount of cash...circa 1970)

I have e-mailed Matt Nelson about tape removal, his feeling is that while the tap can be removed, doing so likely will not improve the grade enough that it is worth risking the possibility that the removal will result in a PLOD.

I purchased the book slabbed so I cannot attest to whether or not it has been pressed.

I don't believe that removing the tape would result in a PLOD label. I have two Blue slabs with a notation "Piece of Tape Removed from Cover" - Caveat: They're both old labels, for what it's worth. (shrug)

Although I do agree that removing it would not likely result in a higher grade.

I don't believe that removing the tape would result in a PLOD label. I have two Blue slabs with a notation "Piece of Tape Removed from Cover" - Caveat: They're both old labels, for what it's worth. (shrug)

Although I do agree that removing it would not likely result in a higher grade.

Im thinking the tape wraps around the inside of the cover and the amount of solvent needed to remove the tape could result in a cover cleaned PLOD. Thats my best guess.