• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I am going to re-read Liefelds New Mutants run.

121 posts in this topic

I haven`t read them in what over 18 years? I want to see what caused all the fuss. good or bad. does anybody know when the run started and when it ended? I am sure there are a few X-forces in there as well. I want to dissect how Cable and Deadpool came about as I have forgotten just about everything Liefeld. I am sure I can pick these up cheap. ;)

I haven`t read them in what over 18 years? I want to see what caused all the fuss. good or bad. does anybody know when the run started and when it ended? I am sure there are a few X-forces in there as well. I want to dissect how Cable and Deadpool came about as I have forgotten just about everything Liefeld. I am sure I can pick these up cheap. ;)

Jab a fork in each eye first. It will only improve the experience.

lol

ALL GRIMACING ALL THE TIME

To be fair, you would grimace too if your neck was doing that. I honestly had no god damn idea why that face and hand are there. How do you get perfectly symmetrical tears on your pants like that? Haha, ruined T-shirt, shredded Dockers jeans, perfect tiny little dress shoes. The shield is all -up and Liefeld never learned to draw anything other than early-90s feathered, blow-dried hair that doesn’t touch the ears. I think the only sideburns he’s ever drawn were on women. I think he just draws the face and then draws a big floppy squiggle on top with an arrow pointing to it that says “(hair)” and then the inker sighs and takes a pull of Southern Comfort and does his job as best he can.

liefeldbill18sd9.jpg

#17 in the top 40 worst drawings was too funny.

Rob Liefeld likes to draw lines all over his characters. So when he gets a chance to draw Spider-Man, a super hero with lines all over his costume, what does he do? He adds metallic reflections to his head and shoulders (the same reflections as Juggernaut's helmet, so mystic metal and cloth reflect light in the same way), cross-hatches his boots, and colors his belt a different color so he doesn't have to draw on it.

And he replaces Spider-Man's normal man hands with lumpy, four-pronged talons.

EWWW WHY DOES SPIDEY'S RIGHT HAND HAVE A LITTLE COMING OUT OF IT

#86 through #100

Worse than severing your testicles with a blunt spoon. :eek:

But I believe Liefeld started doing the covers with issue 85, though it wasn't a memborable issue.

29119-3234-32356-1-new-mutants-the_super.jpg

yeah, liefield's earlier DC and Marvel stuff wasn't so bad

Before you begin reading be sure to put on the proper protective gear.

It will keep you safe and enhance your enjoyment of the stories...

blindfolded.jpg