• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your Copper Pride & Joy

1,863 posts in this topic

But with sales of nearly $4,000 in the past two weeks...go ahead, check completed listings....I may be dong something right. Maybe. hm

Rocky, you were so cool, calm, and collected - along with rambling on again - you forgot to check your spelling.

Really...?

That's really what you chose to focus on...? A TYPO?

:roflmao:

as comics are about what we can related to

:whistle:

Sorry, but we of education try and convey our message effectively, concisely, and utilizing the English language appropriately.

I sure hope that this sentence is an attempt at ironic humor, because it's fat PACKED with FAIL. I have a feeling, however, that you're not even aware of the...I count at least three...errors in it. And THAT is irony most delish! That's what's called a SUPERFAIL.

lol

Sorry - I'm done with this child.

What's that word for people who complain about something someone else does, and then turns around and does the very same thing themselves....?

hm

Ah yes.

Hypocrisy.

(thumbs u

(I love you, Bosco....you really do provide a lot of entertainment. ;) )

:gossip: Moving on, and you should too.

Why, by all means, after you!

I am nothing if not a gentleman.

Good catch!

I don't know what you're talking about...:shrug:

Weren't we moving on...?

:luhv:

We are.

:luhv:

Nick - you are a true gentleman. I hardly ever see you get rattled, keeping your cool, even while those with Ph.Ds in English tear apart your every word. I personally live in the dictionary and therefore, you're A-OK my my book.

;)

Nick - you are a true gentleman. I hardly ever see you get rattled, keeping your cool, even while those with Ph.Ds in English tear apart your every word. I personally live in the dictionary and therefore, you're A-OK my my book.

;)

Well, now I know where I rate with you...

"keeping your cool" is the exact opposite of ol' Bosco in the last several pages...

lol

And your last sentence is a tad off near the end there...

(thumbs u

Nick always seems to pull it together, even if he does get spooned off. Wasn't rating you Rocky - don't know you actually. But I am impressed with your knowledgeable use of the English language.

And with me - it's the keyboard that screws me up because I type as fast as I think - and I stutter lol!

"keeping your cool" is the exact opposite of ol' Bosco in the last several pages...

Actually Rocky, I did keep my cool in a situation where you like to peel apart whole sentences.

The only reference I made to you was the Constitution of India comment. The second comment was not even taking you into consideration. I don't think you have the lockdown on extended explanations.

It's when you call someone's ideas dopey and the other comments that were beyond little jabs. That's a far cry from telling someone they write extended responses.

Cheryl - thanks for the kind note, but we have moved on now. Let's let it disappear.

Actually Rocky, I did keep my cool in a situation where you like to peel apart whole sentences.

"Peeling apart whole sentences" is an irrelevant debate style issue. It bears zero relevance to the substance of the discussion. It is meaningless side chatter to even bring it up.

The only refererence I made to you was the Constitution of India comment. The second comment was not even taking you into consider .
..ation?

Really...? That's the story you're going with, is it...?

Because I can play that game, too. I can say "my post, calling someone 'dopey', wasn't directed at you at all...I didn't mention anyone by name, did I?"

But I have more intellectual honesty than that.

I don't think you have the lockdown on extended explanations.

It's when you call someone's ideas dopey and the other comments that were beyond little jabs. That's a far cry from telling someone they write extended responses.

Not when considered in context, it's not. But that aside, now you're saying your "2 page response" comment WAS directed at me, by claiming it's "not really an insult." But not three sentences back, you said your comment didn't even "take me into consideration." You're contradicting yourself.

Which is it.......? hm

Please. Do not insult our intelligence by pretending that your comment wasn't directed squarely at me. It was. You know it. I know it. Everyone reading this knows it. No one else in the discussion had a "2 page response"...whatever that is...and I had one not 5 posts above the one in which your comment appeared.

So please. Really.

Cheryl - thanks for the kind note, but we have moved on now. Let's let it disappear.

We have...?

Did you not read the sentences you wrote not 10 seconds prior to this last one....?

Are you really that blind? Moving on means NOT continuing to discuss the situation. Were you not aware of this...?

Tempests in Teapots!

Disappearing Posts!

Passive-Aggressive Grammar Expositions!

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man.

It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition.

And it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge.

This is the dimension of imagination.

It is an area which we call "The Copper Zone."

Apologies, Mr. Serling.

Tempests in Teapots!

Disappearing Posts!

Passive-Aggressive Grammar Expositions!

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man.

It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition.

And it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge.

This is the dimension of imagination.

It is an area which we call "The Copper Zone."

Apologies, Mr. Serling.

:roflmao:

- OR -

brokenrecord.jpg

Nick always seems to pull it together, even if he does get spooned off. Wasn't rating you Rocky - don't know you actually. But I am impressed with your knowledgeable use of the English language.

And with me - it's the keyboard that screws me up because I type as fast as I think - and I stutter lol!

S'ok....I do the same exact thing. Sometimes, I type words that are entirely different from the word in my mind. ;)

Are you really that blind? Moving on means NOT continuing to discuss the situation. Were you not aware of this...?

There ya go again.

But no worries, Rocky. We are done as long as you cut with the comments like responding to Cheryl about losing it.