• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your Copper Pride & Joy

1,863 posts in this topic

Of course the executive team at DC took note of the sales figures, you arse. What effective team doesn't review their P & L to see what is going on, and what can they do better?

You don't know much about me Bossy, so you certainly don't know what I have and haven't led. It's ok, it's a common mistake people make when they let their emotions get the best of them while posting. They say silly and illogical things.

(thumbs u

I'll say this much....your comparison as to "what was allowed" EDITORIALLY with regards to Dark Knight had nothing to do with New Teen Titans SALES figures.

New Teen Titans...in case you haven't read it...wasn't precisely "cutting edge" when it came to grim and gritty storytelling.

So...your analogy fails. Cheers!

lol

I rest my case.

(thumbs u

:o

A post that is less that 5 quotes and 500 words?

:ohnoez:

Someone call the doctor. Hurry!

A post by Bossy that isn't a lame attempt at sarcastic humor..?

:ohnoez:

Oh, wait...nevermind. That's SOP.

(thumbs u

Oh, and I wasn't aware that the Copper Age was over by 1989....

hm

Of course not. An age has to last longer than 10 years. :screwy:

Ya know - because those are the rules.

lol

You have absolutely no idea why I posted that, do you...?

Not a clue....

Allow me to give you one:

Problem is you didn't even collect in the Copper Age - you just read about it from old price guides and assume that shows you everything that took place.

What a shame. You missed out on the real experience.

All better.

And I love people who drop the definite article to sound "conversational"

"Problem is..."

"Fact is.."

Etc.

(thumbs u

Of course I knew why you posted that, you child. Do you really think you are that tricky or sharp?

:gossip: You really aren't, though you may post a good idea periodically.

Done with you and your ignorant ways, Rocky/Jay/Whatever. Why don't you go overcharge some more board members and show good community spirit.

Maybe that Crow 1 Tundra TPB for $1,000. :roflmao:

Oh, and I wasn't aware that the Copper Age was over by 1989....

hm

Of course not. An age has to last longer than 10 years. :screwy:

Ya know - because those are the rules.

lol

You have absolutely no idea why I posted that, do you...?

Not a clue....

Allow me to give you one:

Problem is you didn't even collect in the Copper Age - you just read about it from old price guides and assume that shows you everything that took place.

What a shame. You missed out on the real experience.

All better.

And I love people who drop the definite article to sound "conversational"

"Problem is..."

"Fact is.."

Etc.

(thumbs u

Guys, please, there's really no reason for this kind of behavior. You obviously have different opinions on the subject (hell, I'm pretty certain that there are about 879 different opinions on the subject, from people on on these boards alone, not to mention the ones outside out little community), but you don't have to make it personal. :foryou:

RMA, I can see the reasoning behind the interim periods (or ages, if you will), that bridge the gaps between Golden, Silver, Bronze, or what have you. It makes for a much natural progression from one age to the other, as it is simply impossible to make the argument that "it is Silver until this month and Bronze begins the next" (thumbs u

On the other hand I feel that Bosco has a case with NTT's success being instrumental to the "growing up" and experimenting of DC.

Yes, Wolfman and Perez's Titans wasn't exactly the pinnacle of innovative comics storytelling. (Of course, Claremont and Byrne's X-Men wasn't exactly revolutionary either. It was merely "kinda different", in a soap opera way. But that's really a discussion for another day).

And yes, NTT didn't directly lead to Miller's groundbreaking work on Dark Knight (which becomes substantially less "groundbreaking", when you realize that he was probably influenced by what Alan Moore had done in Miracleman, both in scope and in writing style).

But...

It can be argued that NTT's success was the catalyst that brought DC back on the map and put them in a position where they could actually lure Miller to work for them, on Ronin, giving him a level of creative freedom that was more or less unprecedented in US mainstream comic books. From then on, Dark Knight was simply the next logical step.

As far as TMNT goes, I feel we might be overestimating the book's success and influence, looking at in hindsight. Yes, it definitely made an impression, and of course it spawned a number of (mostly half-baked) imitators, while ushering in the B&W boom (and bust, a bit later), but let's not forget that it was, basically, just a fad - and one based on a parody, to boot.

But as I said before, your mileage (and everyone's, really) may vary. :)

It's so lame when an interesting Copper thread derails.

Why is it that we can't debate without devolution into snarky wildly_fanciful_statement?

You both should be ashamed of yourselves.

I am ashamed of myself for saying something like that on an internet messageboard.

I love Copper comics and am going to post my C2E2 haul when I get it this week and reclaim my favorite thread from this assininity.

Sean, I have nothing to be ashamed of, but I appreciate your statement.

I stated my case, and you disagreed. That is totally okay!

It is what was stated afterwards (which is the trend with someone) that I wasn't going to allow. As if someone states, "Like I said before about NTT," and we all act like sheep and give in to what they state are the facts.

Again, I appreciate your viewpoint and your desire for peace on the forum. Meanwhile, take that brotherly love approach with all you do so it is clear you walk it like you talk it. We need more role models like that on here.

You both should be ashamed of yourselves.

I reserve my personal ad hominum attacks for the most dire of situations. Fortunately for all involved, a debate about the beginning of the Copper Age has not merited them.

The copper age started when Fall Of The Mutants did and ended when Acts Of Vengeance started :shy:

You evil man, you! :baiting:

lol It's been fun reading the past couple of pages. It's like the Wild West on here. :popcorn:

As far as TMNT goes, I feel we might be overestimating the book's success and influence, looking at in hindsight. Yes, it definitely made an impression, and of course it spawned a number of (mostly half-baked) imitators, while ushering in the B&W boom (and bust, a bit later), but let's not forget that it was, basically, just a fad - and one based on a parody, to boot.

The Turtles get no respect... :slapfight:

Yes, they ushered in the B&W craze and a ton of nutty knockoffs. Yes, they inspired people and companies everywhere showing that you do not have to be apart of the big 2 to be a success. Yes, they took this tremendous success from selling through 3,000 copies to over 150,000 almost overnight and spawned it into a global empire - with one of the greatest toy lines in history (and most profitable - Playmates Toys who made the turtles became the first toy line ever too net $100 million), with three live action films (also grossing over $100 million), and a cartoon that with a few years gap throughout still ran until just recetly from 1987. Yes, the comics have just ended but Michael Bay has just been brought on board to do another film. Yes, the Turtles introduced the comics medium to millions of children (including myself). Yes, even 25+ years after they came out you can mention the words Ninja Turtles to just about anybody and they will have a pretty good idea of what you are talking about... but, I guess they're just a passing fad. :sumo:

P.S. Don't mind the rant...I'm a lil boozy from my Mem. Day Stella binge. :insane:

the comics have just ended but Michael Bay has just been brought on board to do another film.

P.S. Don't mind the rant...I'm a lil boozy from my Mem. Day Stella binge. :insane:

I don't know if I should laugh or cry on that one! :roflmao:

the comics have just ended but Michael Bay has just been brought on board to do another film.

P.S. Don't mind the rant...I'm a lil boozy from my Mem. Day Stella binge . :insane:

squidbillies.jpg:insane:

Stella or Stoli binge? hm

:blush: Sorry, should of underlined the part.

StellaArtois2.jpg:cloud9::cloud9:

:blush: Sorry, should of underlined the part.

Well, he's no Spielberg but it could be much worse, like no-movie-at-all worse. I think a Bay reboot could be very cool.