• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bedrock's Book du Jour (or so)

452 posts in this topic

Hi Richie.....

I thought the only guy that asked 80x guide besides me was that "Rick" guy down in Florida? :ohnoez:

:o

hey Rick....how goes it?

Richie did say thread crapping was ok...right?

he did indeed, and it came out smooth

Dang that's a nice book! (worship) Unfortunately, I have a copy. Maybe you have another box of Actions behind that one. Perhaps something even older than that one. :wishluck:

I mean, I just lost out on the #21 in the Heritage auction and am going through withdrawal here.

there is always some action 23's to soothe the sole

Hi Richie.....

I thought the only guy that asked 80x guide besides me was that "Rick" guy down in Florida? :ohnoez:

:o

hey Rick....how goes it?

Richie did say thread crapping was ok...right?

he did indeed, and it came out smooth

I WONDER IF RICHIE WILL POST ANYTHING GOOD IN THIS THREAD :insane:?

One of the regulars traded in this cool old funnybook today...

fp37.jpg

fp37b.jpg

The cover is split down the spine and held in place with two pieces of tape and three extra staples. There is no paper loss anywhere along the tear. There is a 1/2 inch tear on the right side of the front cover. There is also some staining on the back cover which goes into the margin of a few of the rear interior pages but does not affect any artwork. The interior pages are very supple cream to off white. Overall I would grade it 1.5 to 1.8. A great reader with nice eye appeal. $225

One of the regulars traded in this cool old funnybook today...

fp37.jpg

fp37b.jpg

The cover is split down the spine and held in place with two pieces of tape and three extra staples. There is no paper loss anywhere along the tear. There is a 1/2 inch tear on the right side of the front cover. There is also some staining on the back cover which goes into the margin of a few of the rear interior pages but does not affect any artwork. The interior pages are very supple cream to off white. Overall I would grade it 1.5 to 1.8. A great reader with nice eye appeal. $225

Asphyxiating a chained woman so she can be put into a boiling cauldron after her clothes have been shredded - yep, lots of fun for the entire family.

Asphyxiating a chained woman so she can be put into a boiling cauldron after her clothes have been shredded - yep, lots of fun for the entire family.

I guess that's the way things were back in the day.

Can we get a recap of what's still available, please?

Still Available

Funny Pages v3#7 1.5 Cream-Off-White pages $225

Many Ghosts of Dr. Graves #1 cgc9.6 White pages $600

Marvel Mystery Comics #44 cgc6.5 Off-White pages $5500

Marvel Mystery #50 cgc8.5 Cream-Off-White pages $3800

Can we get a recap of what's still available, please?

Still Available

Funny Pages v3#7 1.5 Cream-Off-White pages $225

Many Ghosts of Dr. Graves #1 cgc9.6 White pages $600

Marvel Mystery Comics #44 cgc6.5 Off-White pages $5500

Marvel Mystery #50 cgc8.5 Cream-Off-White pages $3800

I'm confused. This list is not in the order in which these books were originally posted. Is this some typical forum scam?

Is this some typical forum scam?

No Sir.

This is a very atypical forum scam, thank you very much. :mad:

I guess that's the way things were back in the day.

sheeeit - we do that most Friday nights out our way :thumbsup:

Rescued from the depths of page three...

I am going to list a few books today.

First up, since there is so much talk of Charlie Weis and Notre Dame football on sports radio these days, Mr. Bedrock presents a true rarity...

catholic7.jpg

catholic7b.jpg

Once upon a time Notre Dame actually went to a bowl game! :o

Not only is this the highest graded of this issue...

Not only is this the only graded of this issue...

Not only is this the highest graded of this run...

Yes! Out of thirty three issues, this is the only copy graded of the entire run!

A testament to the incredible rarity of Catholic Comics in general, and Notre Dame football covers in particular!

(Either that or folks love reading their Catholic Comics so much that they would rather not entomb them.)

In any event, this is a high grade copy of a pretty cool book.

And it is only $125 (thumbs u