• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NICE, RARE GA books for sale **discounts**

63 posts in this topic

re-listing the first two books at discounted prices...

DETECTIVE EYE #2 Dec 1940, raw 3.5 with O/W pages (maybe leaning towards cream at top edge)

Great copy of a tough book, wonderful Frank Thomas cover art. Cover and C/F securely attached. 2” spine splits at both top and bottom of spine. Very clean front cover, back cover has some slight dust shadows at top. Pages are really nice, with two great “Eye Sees!” stories.

asking: $175

DETEYE2cvr.jpg

c-10.jpg

hm

:takeit:

DETECTIVE EYE #2 Dec 1940, raw 3.5 with O/W pages (maybe leaning towards cream at top edge)

Great copy of a tough book, wonderful Frank Thomas cover art. Cover and C/F securely attached. 2” spine splits at both top and bottom of spine. Very clean front cover, back cover has some slight dust shadows at top. Pages are really nice, with two great “Eye Sees!” stories.

asking: SOLD

DETEYE2cvr.jpg

SOLD!! :cry:

:applause:

:cry:

Great selection of books Ryan! Yea we miss ya out here in the U.S. Wished we hung out more
yup, like DK said...we had one good comic geekfest with our books two summers ago :cool:

Yep i could still remember it like yesterday. That was way cool! Still seeing MC #9 in my head that day

and we didn't snap any pics that day!! 2 MM9's, Tec 29,31,33,35,36,37--and of course all of Ryan's cool pre-1940 pulps and Centaurs :cloud9: and that guacamole dip his GF (forget her name, sorry Ryan!) made was good too!

OK--now back to the program and Ryan's great books :grin:

(worship)

FANTASTIC COMICS #7, June 1940, raw (AMATEUR RESTORATION) 3.5 with cream to O/W pages

Nice copy with a CLASSIC Fletcher Hanks STARDUST story! Thi copy has been re-listed and discounted due to some discovered rice paper on the inside at staples.

Appears to be some glue on spine (this was not disclosed to me) which is neatly applied and hard to detect. Book also has two 1 inch strips of rice paper on the inside of the cover at the spine reinforcing the staple/spine area. Otherwise very solid, clean book for the grade. Cover firmly attached at both staples, but c/f loose (result of amateur resto?). Supple nice pages.

PM me if you need a back cover scan.

Great FOX book I hate to part with.

asking: SOLD

c-8.jpg

SOLD!! ^^

via PM

Ryan, where are you?

In Vancouver. :hi:

Dang. My bro is living there now.

Work?

You mean, do I work? or is there work in Vancouver?

Just wondering what brought you up to Vancouver (or why you were in the States previously).

Ryan, where are you?

In Vancouver. :hi:

Dang. My bro is living there now.

Work?

You mean, do I work? or is there work in Vancouver?

Just wondering what brought you up to Vancouver (or why you were in the States previously).

Was living in Vancouver from 97 to 2007, then we had an opportunity to move to the US and took it, but my fiancee's VISA expiry meant we had to move back to Canada.

We do miss the Cali weather...

Great selection of books Ryan! Yea we miss ya out here in the U.S. Wished we hung out more
yup, like DK said...we had one good comic geekfest with our books two summers ago :cool:

Yep i could still remember it like yesterday. That was way cool! Still seeing MC #9 in my head that day

and we didn't snap any pics that day!! 2 MM9's, Tec 29,31,33,35,36,37--and of course all of Ryan's cool pre-1940 pulps and Centaurs :cloud9: and that guacamole dip his GF (forget her name, sorry Ryan!) made was good too!

It was a banner comic day!! I fell in love with TEC 33.

(her name is Marinda! yes, she is a great cook)

Can't believe we only hung out once!! :frustrated:

well, i'm in between Vancouver and LA so we are all "close" still...come down for Wondercon in April :)

well, i'm in between Vancouver and LA so we are all "close" still...come down for Wondercon in April :)

I wish!!

hm

DETEYE2cvr.jpg

c-10.jpg

hm

Nice pick-up - great book and price + a cool F Thomas cvr! :applause:

DETEYE2cvr.jpg

c-10.jpg

hm

very very scarce book...great pu

SCIENCE COMICS #3 April 1940, CGC 4.5 universal with O/W to white pages

A GREAT early FOX book, with one of the best sci-fi covers EVER on a comic!

Super nice copy, with cover secure at both staples, and C/F attached to bottom staple only. Really nice supple pages, great eye appeal, extra “fat” feeling GA book. You won’t be disappointed.

Book is deslabbed, CGC label will be included.

asking: $875

SCI3cover.jpg

SCI3cgc.jpg

SCI3int.jpg

c-5.jpg

hm