• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

fenomenol fawcett fetish featured
9 9

1,877 posts in this topic

Thanks to Sharon for selling me this beauty on the boards. It arrived Saturday and I read it this morning. Seven complete stories in this book and Captain Marvel leading off with a great yarn battling Sivana. I've wanted an early Whiz for sometime and this one really fit the bill; only problem is that I think they are addicting.

161578.jpg.5cfaaab3ac9080c33c70a4fac90435a3.jpg

Hey guys...would one of you mind explaining the difference between a crowley copy and a crowley copy/file copy?

I just signed up on the GPA site to look up a couple of my books and I see 2 different types listed on this particular book. I'm guessing the file copy (mine)..was kept in house and never hit the stands .

Is there a difference in value between the two types ?

Thanks

Hey guys...would one of you mind explaining the difference between a crowley copy and a crowley copy/file copy?

I just signed up on the GPA site to look up a couple of my books and I see 2 different types listed on this particular book. I'm guessing the file copy (mine)..was kept in house and never hit the stands .

Is there a difference in value between the two types ?

Thanks

here's a plain ol' crowley [no stamp].

cmj23.jpg

here's a crowley file copy.

capmid5.jpg

and a fawcett file copy, with no mention of wendell and no stamp.

tmih7.jpg

and a crowley book from a non-fawcett publisher.

shadow2-12.jpg

lol...kk...thanks...so it's a big old stamp on my cover that says it's the one and not the other.

And this stamp can be a "blemish" for some collectors otherwise there's no real difference in value..just preference ? Some collectors want a 9.x while some want the 9.x, but with perfect wrap or WP instead of OW ?

I'll take pic and try and load it in a few minutes...because I just looked up this book after I stumbled on this thread last night and had to join the GPA site to get an idea .

I found mention of there possibly being no higher grade but it's only a 9.2 so unlikely and I think the post was 2004. Either way, its not an expensive book by any means, I just thought it would be cool to have something at the top of its grade for once (considering some of the collections I've seen in here ) :)

Thanks for everyone's help...

Personally, I like the "checking copy" stamps and think it adds something to the uniqueness of the book. I would probably pay a very small premium for file copies with the stamp, but I imagine I'm in the minority. I think it's a matter of preference, and the stamp probably does turn off some folks. Still, it's a great looking book and the stamp really shouldn't impact the overall value by much, if any.

I found mention of there possibly being no higher grade but it's only a 9.2 so unlikely and I think the post was 2004.

BTW - It is still tied with 2 other books for highest CGC graded at 9.2. No telling if there are any nicer raw copies out there, but your is still top of the census.

Personally, I like the "checking copy" stamps and think it adds something to the uniqueness of the book. I would probably pay a very small premium for file copies with the stamp, but I imagine I'm in the minority. I think it's a matter of preference, and the stamp probably does turn off some folks. Still, it's a great looking book and the stamp really shouldn't impact the overall value by much, if any.

i'm generally good with the stamps, but like a stan sig, some are so ostentatious that i've passed.

Thanks CROC...I'm psyched...but I see STRAW-MAN's point...it is a pretty big stamp.

Now I just have to sell my house and buy the highest graded Captain A #1 ..well, may have to sell my wife too.

Again, appreciate the help...never knew what the stamp was ...I actually bought it in 08 (I think) because of the stamp...figured it meant something ...oh well...at least the 9.2 means something :).

I found mention of there possibly being no higher grade but it's only a 9.2 so unlikely and I think the post was 2004.

BTW - It is still tied with 2 other books for highest CGC graded at 9.2. No telling if there are any nicer raw copies out there, but your is still top of the census.

I have the Okajima 9.2...

cmjr20.jpg