• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

fenomenol fawcett fetish featured
9 9

1,877 posts in this topic

One thing I love about Raboy is the thought that went into his covers. Rarely did he take a conventional approach. I can't decide whether this cover works or not, but it's much more interesting to me than the more typical WW II covers showing a super hero bashing Nazi or Japanese soldiers

That he didn't settle for the conventional might be one of the reasons that he was known as a notoriously slow worker who often missed deadlines.

mas1.672a_zpstcqplurl.jpg

One thing I love about Raboy is the thought that went into his covers. Rarely did he take a conventional approach. I can't decide whether this cover works or not, but it's much more interesting to me than the more typical WW II covers showing a super hero bashing Nazi or Japanese soldiers

That he didn't settle for the conventional might be one of the reasons that he was known as a notoriously slow worker who often missed deadlines.

I love that cover. I suspect I may have been the underbidder. Great book.

My only issue with later Raboy covers is that many of them look cut-and-paste. That cover is very cool but I bet you could find those five images separately on earlier Raboy books.

My only issue with later Raboy covers is that many of them look cut-and-paste. That cover is very cool but I bet you could find those five images separately on earlier Raboy books.

Cutting and pasting was definitely one of the shortcuts he used to try to stay on schedule. In this instance, though, the soldiers' poses seem pretty distinctive, so I think they may have been drawn for this cover. Unless they appear in interior art that I'm forgetting.

Cutting and pasting was definitely one of the shortcuts he used to try to stay on schedule. In this instance, though, the soldiers' poses seem pretty distinctive, so I think they may have been drawn for this cover. Unless they appear in interior art that I'm forgetting.

Except I'm seeing that the soldier on the far left and the one to the right of CMJ look like identical twins.

Except I'm seeing that the soldier on the far left and the one to the right of CMJ look like identical twins.

Well, there's an old saying that the longer a war goes on, the more allies start to look like each other. :D

Favorite Fawcett Titles

Curious what your Top 5 favorite Fawcett titles would be? I'm not a big Fawcett collector, but the few issues that I do have I enjoy a lot:

Here's my list for comparison:

1) Master

2) Whiz

3) Nickel

4) Slam-Bang

5) America's Greatest

As can be seen, I prefer the anthology titles over those for the individual characters.

i was watching that'un--well done!

Thanks. I think the fact that it's one of the Crowleys with the Checking Copy stamp may have deterred some bidders. I thought it might go for twice what it did. But my Raboy fandom sometimes clouds my judgment. :D

Love the Golden Arrow. Fresh and bright like an Edgar copy should be! Wonder who did the art?

Thanks to Boardie Kazoo for parting with this War Bonds cover issue (and Boardie AJD for letting me know it was up for grabs)I now have a set of these bookends

Fawcetts%20Funny%20Animals%2020_zpsw7ga6gqr.jpg

A group shot for Andrew (AJD) with his beloved FFA#6 (my Crowley copy 6)

IMG_2548_zpshzfhd0hb.jpg

Thanks to Boardie Kazoo for parting with this War Bonds cover issue (and Boardie AJD for letting me know it was up for grabs)I now have a set of these bookends

Fawcetts%20Funny%20Animals%2020_zpsw7ga6gqr.jpg

A group shot for Andrew (AJD) with his beloved FFA#6 (my Crowley copy 6)

IMG_2548_zpshzfhd0hb.jpg

TERRIFIC! :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

mm