• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sold my TOS#39 7.0 for these, thoughts?

479 posts in this topic

Alright, regardless, I am personally DONE with this thread...back to comic books.

Seems to me some questions still need to be answered. In light of recent evidence, it's questionable on whether or not those are pics of your car. Don't puss out on us now...

-slym

hmmm...........

http://imageevent.com/publicgallery/carsandtransportation/lemansblue69000

These pics were taken at Herman's Classic Cars in London, Ky. on 10-19-09. The car was purchased by "someone" between then and now.

My spider sense is tingling.

It would probably be a simple thing to call Hermans Classic Cars, or send them an email, and ask them who purchased the car. But, I don't care enough about all of this to do that.

But my spider sense IS tingling.

No, no he bought there.

hm

Alright, regardless, I am personally DONE with this thread...back to comic books. I honestly regret I ever posted this thread :(

Oh, I just bet you are! lol

What is it with posters around here? Books they don't own, cars they don't own...and I bet that some of those 'hot wives/girlfriends' photos that get posted from time to time aren't exactly on the level, either.

Alright, regardless, I am personally DONE with this thread...back to comic books. I honestly regret I ever posted this thread :(

What is it with posters around here? Books they don't own, cars they don't own...and I bet that some of those 'hot wives/girlfriends' photos that get posted from time to time aren't exactly on the level, either.

Are you really British?

hm

Wow. Stopped reading this thread shortly after I started.

It really went down hill I see.

But, it now gives me a chance to show off my 56' Coronet again. :)

All original. I don't like PLODs. This car has not been pressed and there is no tape on it, inside or outside. I'd grade it as an 8.0/8.5. Not a show winner but it has been in a couple of Survivor Shows.

No antennae and no radio. But it does have an under the dash .45 rpm record player. :) (try and find an original of one of those!)

It has a push button automatic transmission. There is a control inside for lifting a hood scoop in front of the windshield (yes, that is the way it was made originally) that allows fresh air to enter the vehicle more than the regular vents do. Unfortunately it does not have a hemi engine and only has a flat head six. A heni in this car would be real sweet. Maybe I will trade my ASM #1 for a new engine (just kidding) :)

Oh. If you have a CGC 7.0 TOS #39, I would not trade this car for it. Not saying the value would be all that different, but I wouldn't trade my baby for it.

But, if I had the book, I wouldn't trade it for the car either. Certainly not for some wheels for the car. Even shiney cool wheels. To each his own, but the more I think about it, it sounds silly. If I wanted the wheels and loved my comic book collection, I would live without the wheels or get the money some other way.

Anyway. Here's my MOPAR Baby.

56dodgecoronet.jpg

How does a record play while driving without skipping?????

It don't. It is for playing while parked.

It's a "fifties" thing. :)

Parking is still practiced today they just use cd players for the romantic music..

You mean like "Momma Said Knock You Out"? Ha Ha.

I'm 56 years old. please remind me what "romantic" music is for. zzz

I consider myself romantic. When I take the wife out to a fancy restaurant, I always choose a romantic song on the jukebox. I also carry her tray for her like a gentleman.

All original. I don't like PLODs. This car has not been pressed and there is no tape on it, inside or outside. I'd grade it as an 8.0/8.5. Not a show winner but it has been in a couple of Survivor Shows.

No antennae and no radio. But it does have an under the dash .45 rpm record player. :) (try and find an original of one of those!)

It has a push button automatic transmission. There is a control inside for lifting a hood scoop in front of the windshield (yes, that is the way it was made originally) that allows fresh air to enter the vehicle more than the regular vents do. Unfortunately it does not have a hemi engine and only has a flat head six. A heni in this car would be real sweet. Maybe I will trade my ASM #1 for a new engine (just kidding) :)

Oh. If you have a CGC 7.0 TOS #39, I would not trade this car for it. Not saying the value would be all that different, but I wouldn't trade my baby for it.

But, if I had the book, I wouldn't trade it for the car either. Certainly not for some wheels for the car. Even shiney cool wheels. To each his own, but the more I think about it, it sounds silly. If I wanted the wheels and loved my comic book collection, I would live without the wheels or get the money some other way.

56dodgecoronet.jpg

Parking is still practiced today they just use cd players for the romantic music..

I consider myself romantic. When I take the wife out to a fancy restaurant, I always choose a romantic song on the jukebox. I also carry her tray for her like a gentleman.

And I bet you also share straws on the milk shake. (worship)

I don't know whether the cars are his or not but I do think this guy has a tendency to stretch the truth a bit.

Not too long after I registered on the boards he and I got into it over something. Anyway, we exchanged pm's to the point where he told me he was a former Florida State football player, that he had been in 41 street fights and that he was ridiculously bright. I believe I sarcastically referred to him as Chuck Norris and John Nash all rolled into one. So anything is possible with him.

56dodgecoronet.jpg

Curious what kind of romantic restaurant makes you carry your own "tray'??

lol

56dodgecoronet.jpg

Curious what kind of romantic restaurant makes you carry your own "tray'??

lol

:roflmao:

I know he meant it to be a funny in the first place.

But it's still funny. :roflmao:

56dodgecoronet.jpg

And I bet you also share straws on the milk shake. (worship)

How are the milkshakes at McDonalds? Carry her tray :roflmao:

Hmm now I am even wondering if you really even touch alcohol..probably sober as a judge and just shamming us all.. :roflmao: