• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sold my TOS#39 7.0 for these, thoughts?

479 posts in this topic

brand? and they look 1-piece ..are they

3-piece ...Modulare... love em' :cloud9:

Guess most of you posting so far, are not car nuts? hm

My ride is worth a HELLAVA lot more than an Iron man 1st app :headbang:

If the car is a passion that is on a higher order than the book, then you did just fine.

Nice looking rims too :applause: 20"s? or are they bigger? What kinda car are they going on?

Thank you Arex... they are 22' and they went on this vehicle

mysrt.jpg

Now that I see the total package, this is very nice looking ride with those rims. Hey, I heavily respect that your comic investment paid off where you turned $150 into $5000 (??) and that you are now reaping the rewards.

:applause:

I guess it's an age thing, but I don't get the whole big rim thing so I couldn't see trading a nice investment for them. ;)

Maybe so . . . but those wheels aren't. And in one year, five years, or ten years, they REALLY won't be.

Perhaps, but that's ultimately irrelevant! For ME, the trade off was stellar, got rid of a fairly high value book that mattered little to me (paid $150.00 for it in 1980). In return, I bought a pair of expensive (relative) wheels, that I personally love on my whip :cloud9:

Value is first, and foremost, weighed in the context of the buyer/owners perspective... little else matters. (thumbs u

Than why the did you ask in the first place? If you wanted to post a pic of your ride just do so.

But honestly, you got screwed on the deal. Don't fool yourself cuz you ain't fooling me.

Rims. honestly?

No need to get cantankerous dude, I could posts pics of my other 3 cars if it was a bragging routine meh

opinion, for or against are absolutely fine, and welcomed...trust me, my feelings won't be hurt. Also, I tend to sleep under pressure quite well...so this is no sweat :headbang:

lol I keep seeing tricked out geo metros..now those are funny. It's like tricking out a yugo..why bother?

Classic cars *swoon* I love em but don't personally care for loud sound systems or anything too fancy smancy. I just loved riding in my car with no post hard top with my tricked out retro 8 track player. There is just something nostalgic for me about the "cuchunka" sound in the middle of the song when it switches tracks. When I would stop at a stop light guys would say "What year is it?" I would say "1999" or whatever year it was ..haha

I often got asked why I was driving my boyfriend's car..bahh

man I miss that car(the Newport) I used to go enter it in car shows al the time..worst part was I had to just walk away and leave it in the street..probably got crushed or impounded and then crushed..:(

and i cant see the lip or the fin so is it a real SRT 8...?

Yes, it's a real SRT 8...with some extra "work" ;)

KW2 suspension, Hotchkis anti-sway bars, brembo breaksw/ ceramic pads, panhard rod...ect

it IS lowered 2' the ride is without a doubt more harsh, but the handling at speed MUCH improved.

Has a 13 speaker Kicker system (stock) changed out the Kicker subs and amp, for Infinity subs, and Rockford Fosgate amps...improvement as well.

nice work..i sold alot of those cars in my day...and i must say it was one of my fav's

chrysler 300 is the car of choice for brothers in the south who want people to think they drive a bentley.

your mileage may vary. i ain't much of a car guy myself, which is strange because my pop is, big-time

Since the original purpose of the thread was to solicit our thoughts, I think you're crazy...but then again I'm not really a car guy and certainly not a rim or Chrysler guy...fo shizzle

Maybe so . . . but those wheels aren't. And in one year, five years, or ten years, they REALLY won't be.

And thats what it comes down to in the end.Nice looking ride and wheels.Enjoy them both.

Perhaps, but that's ultimately irrelevant! For ME, the trade off was stellar, got rid of a fairly high value book that mattered little to me (paid $150.00 for it in 1980). In return, I bought a pair of expensive (relative) wheels, that I personally love on my whip :cloud9:

Value is first, and foremost, weighed in the context of the buyer/owners perspective... little else matters. (thumbs u

Well, my first thought was OMG!!!!

But I just did the same thing to buy and complete a custom chopper, so I understand your move.

But I think it's one of those things that we will look back on someday and really kick ourselves. After all, a non classic vehicle (your SRT8 and my bike) are the most depreciating purchases in America..... :cry:

and i cant see the lip or the fin so is it a real SRT 8...?

Yes, it's a real SRT 8...with some extra "work" ;)

KW2 suspension, Hotchkis anti-sway bars, brembo breaksw/ ceramic pads, panhard rod...ect

it IS lowered 2' the ride is without a doubt more harsh, but the handling at speed MUCH improved.

Has a 13 speaker Kicker system (stock) changed out the Kicker subs and amp, for Infinity subs, and Rockford Fosgate amps...improvement as well.

nice work..i sold alot of those cars in my day...and i must say it was one of my fav's

(thumbs u

i'm lovin' all the hate, BTW ;)

If it helps you get a nice an' young piece of tail than they're worth it!

Right in the middle you should say "this is for Iron Man baby, this is for Iron Man"...

:headbang:lol

Heck yea. lol Buy what you like. It's your money.

I'd have the kept the book or sold it vs. trading for wheels.

My parents bought me a Corvette as my high school graduation present. I was 18 and thought it was the shiite....and yes, it helped seal the deal for me numerous times once I got it to college (including the future Mrs. hockey&comicsguy :whistle: ) or so I think it did. :) .

One day I woke up and decided I didn't want it or any car like it. I was just done with the need to have a "flashy" car. I definitely never saw the fascination with the whole pimp my ride craze. Rims and tricking out cars or whatever you call it really just doesn't do anything for me.

My dad loves cars and builds custom Harleys. I guess he didn't pass that gene on to me.

Whatever floats your boat though.

ps: If money were no object, I think I could deal with driving a Vanquish or a Maranello. I think those 2 cars are sweet looking.

Did you trade it straight across for the rims and tires or was the book sold and these purchased? Either way it doesn't matter if this was a car site people would be saying what guy would trade nice rims for a funny book but this is a comic site so the response is pretty much the opposite.

Did you trade it straight across for the rims and tires or was the book sold and these purchased? Either way it doesn't matter if this was a car site people would be saying what guy would trade nice rims for a funny book but this is a comic site so the response is pretty much the opposite.

Good point.... (thumbs u

I am into cars big time as well. But seriously.... Rims on a Chrysler!!! Very bad investment money and appreciation wise. Why bother putting rims on a Chrysler?? it reminds me of a dude who drives a $1K car with a $3K sound system in it... :screwy:

It's your money, so you can do with it as you wish. If you want to get noticed while driving. Get a real exotic car. Not some "my dads" type of car... Sticking with Chrysler, get a Viper. You wont need a set of expensive rims to get noticed...

I can understand selling a book like that to acquire a car. That makes perfect sense to me. I would do it, if the right car came along that I really wanted and didn't want to pull already liquid funds for. But selling it, just to buy rims for a car...I don't get it. :insane: Rims don't even appreciate in value. Those are really expensive and depreciate in value. At least comics, most artwork or jewelry tends to appreciate over time. I don't get the whole rims craze. Why? If you want some big rims, why not buy a tractor? You could be rolling on 54'' or 60''s while everyone else is riding on their lowly 22''s and such.

But hey, I guess if it makes sense to you.

If you like the rims for you personally then I say well done...if you bought them because you think girls will like them then I say boo...because there's a lot of girls getting with guys that only have the Nike Express as a "whip".

Now those guys have game! I mean they've got to right? They have no job? no car? no money? But still get the girls?