• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Comic Book Storyline Would You Like To See On The Big Screen?

59 posts in this topic

I was just reading through the Superman movie thread, and the fact that Doomsday was touched on as possibly the best way forward for the Superman movie franchise got me thinking as to what storylines lifted from books would work well on the big screen.

I got to thinking of characters who haven't had the best of times first of all, and Punisher came to mind. I think the Punisher Limited Series would make a great movie and handled properly would blow away the bad memories of previous botched attempts.

Then I got onto Batman, naturally. Personally I'd love to see Sword Of Azrael/Knightfall/Knightquest handled well. I know it would veer away from Christopher Nolan's 'realistic' vision of Batman - which has been proven to work outstandingly - but I think it would make a great trilogy.

There are bound to be more, but that's all I can think of at the moment. It would be interesting to see what storyline everybody else would like to see made into a movie as opposed to what might happen. Just total personal indulgence really.

X-Men - Inferno!

My all time favourite storyline in any book. Can't see it being realistically filmable but the thought of Maddy Prior / Goblin Queen in real life certainly gets the blood boiling!!!

Midnight Nation would also suit a great movie. It's a shame not a lot of readers picked it up. A very well written, self contained story.

If they harness the DC characters into a blockbuster theme with separate movies leading into the Doomsday/Death of Superman storyline it would kick butt.

They had media coverage on it 15 years ago. There are literally generations of people who would remember that and a new generations that would love to see it. They have the effects to pull it off now. It's a no brainer.

That's why Marvel is doing it. It's the comics of the future. They take 3 years to make each video version of a comic but they are creating a virtual universe on the screen and making millions with each flick.

Kingdom Come is another one. That would just be awesome.

Since you didn't limit the movie base to either publisher, I'd go for a series (probably in 3 parts) of the Avengers Kree-Skrull war.

Those late 70's Roy Thomas stories - and Neal Adams art - always thrilled me.

Larry

Since you didn't limit the movie base to either publisher, I'd go for a series (probably in 3 parts) of the Avengers Kree-Skrull war.

Nope, no limit on publisher at all. Marvel obviously has the market at the moment when it comes to movies, but there are that many possibilities out there it's just good to see the ideas flow.

If they harness the DC characters into a blockbuster theme with separate movies leading into the Doomsday/Death of Superman storyline it would kick butt.

They had media coverage on it 15 years ago. There are literally generations of people who would remember that and a new generations that would love to see it. They have the effects to pull it off now. It's a no brainer.

That's why Marvel is doing it. It's the comics of the future. They take 3 years to make each video version of a comic but they are creating a virtual universe on the screen and making millions with each flick.

Kingdom Come is another one. That would just be awesome.

Totally agree with you there Roy :o

And if we're going into the epic proportions of Kingdom Come, then I'd have to throw Secret Wars in there too.

Avengers 164-166. Introduce the Avengers. Avengers whip the Masters of Evil. Nefaria steals and combines all their powers. He whips the Avengers until the Vision saves the day!!!!

One of my all-time favorite arcs. Reading stuff like that when I was a kid made me a life long Avengers/Marvel fan. :cloud9: Even the Buscema arc in later issues [276, etc] would be killer.

Miller Daredevil reboot with R rating.

Fantastic Four reboot sticking to the comic origin and face off against Doom

Garth Ennis Punisher. "Welcome Back Frank" The morgue scene and polar bar scene would be great. Detective Soap would provide comic relief.

Chew. Definitely would translate to the big screen and it wouldn't be the same ole, same ole.

Flash. Great villians.

Avengers. Korvac saga.

Secret Wars. Never happen.

Hulk. Like FF reboot. Stick to the darn comic origin. Then have super-villian smackdown fight with Wendigo.

Dr. Strange. R rating with a serious -script.

Power Man and Iron Fist R rating with serious -script

X-man Brood saga as someone already mentioned.

Spider-Man Hobgoblin saga #238. Won't happen cause concept has been destroyed.

Defenders. Would be a good way to reintroduce the Hulk while introducing Dr. Strange, Sub-Marianer and reintroducing Silver Surfer.