• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tears. I'm trying to get rid of them.

92 posts in this topic

Special Edition Comics #1 3.5/4.0 white pages. This is a really nice looking copy of what used to be a mega key. First comic entirely devoted to Captain Marvel. There is a 1 3/4" spine split at the bottom and centerfold and cover are both detached at lower staple, well attached at top staple. Pages are white and eye appeal in in the 7.0 range. Classic cover and a book that represents the GA well. OSPG in 4.0 is $1488, CGC 3.5 sold for $1250 in 2007, Asking $1400 for this terrific looking book.

SpecialEditionComics1allmine.jpg

Wonderworld Comics #3 technical grade 1.8/2.0, eye appeal is off the charts. 3/4 of spine is split from bottom up and cover is attached at top staple but man, what a looker. This is a key book with the first appearance of The Flame. This is also the first book of the run. OSPG 2.0 is $680 with a CGC 2.5 sale of $675 in 2007. Am I unreasonable to ask $800 for this gorgeous book?

WonderworldComics3good-1.jpg

For the good Doctor.

Mystic Comics #2 4.5 Listed as scarce in Overstreet, this book is incredibly tough book to find in any grade. Gorgeous Schomburg black cover. The book has a tiny tear seal at the back cover where a rip at the center of the spine was sealed, but I believe it could be removed and the grade would stay intact so I do believe this book would end up in a blue label holder with or without the glue as it doesn't really increase the grade in the VG range. Eye appeal is just gorgeous. OSPG has 4.0 at $900 and a 6.0 at $1400 but this is one of those "over guide" books as a CGC 4.5 just sold for over $1400. Asking $1300.

MysticComics24_5.jpg

For the good Doctor.

Mystic Comics #2 4.5 Listed as scarce in Overstreet, this book is incredibly tough book to find in any grade. Gorgeous Schomburg black cover. The book has a tiny tear seal at the back cover where a rip at the center of the spine was sealed, but I believe it could be removed and the grade would stay intact so I do believe this book would end up in a blue label holder with or without the glue as it doesn't really increase the grade in the VG range. Eye appeal is just gorgeous. OSPG has 4.0 at $900 and a 6.0 at $1400 but this is one of those "over guide" books as a CGC 4.5 just sold for over $1400. Asking $1300.

MysticComics24_5.jpg

(worship)...............I need a #9 ?

Daring Mystery Comics #3 CGC 5.0 ow/w pages. Probably my favorite Schomburg cover of all. I love the colors of this book. Obligatory "girl in the glass tube" cover. OSPG has 4.0 @$1000 and 6.0 @ $1500. A CGC 4.0 (with low eye appeal) recently sold for $950. This book has far superior eye appeal and page quality. The next highest grade after this lone 5.0 is the CGC 7.0 that sold for $9500 (4 times guide). There is also a CGC 7.5, 8.0 and an 8.5. Asking $2200 for this book.

daringmystery3.jpg

Daring Mystery Comics #3 CGC 5.0 ow/w pages. Probably my favorite Schomburg cover of all. I love the colors of this book. Obligatory "girl in the glass tube" cover. OSPG has 4.0 @$1000 and 6.0 @ $1500. A CGC 4.0 (with low eye appeal) recently sold for $950. This book has far superior eye appeal and page quality. The next highest grade after this lone 5.0 is the CGC 7.0 that sold for $9500 (4 times guide). There is also a CGC 7.5, 8.0 and an 8.5. Asking $2200 for this book.

daringmystery3.jpg

:headbang:

Marvel Mystery Comics #6 5.0 great eye appeal. Cover is popped at bottom staple but still attached. Book is otherwise solid. OSPG $2200, a CGC 5.0 sold for $2800 in 2008, asking $2500

MarvelMysteryComics64_5.jpg

Well !?!

There's a Timely........don't everyone jump all over it at once. :makepoint:

I'm waiting for the Action and Supes collectors to buy a house and blow up their car.

......and the Fiction House collectors too. :wishluck:

Well !?!

I'm waiting for the Action and Supes collectors to buy a house and blow up their car.

Make that two votes for Fiction House.

(thumbs u

Marvel Mystery Comics #7 CGC 6.5 EP pieces added, cover reinforced, color touched, reglossed, right edge of centerfold trimmed (not the entire book). GPA has a CGC 6.0 MA (Trimmed) sale at $975 in Feb/08. Book has been removed from CGC holder but label comes with the book. Incredible eye appeal. Grades a 6.5 due to a long crease on the front cover that does not break color and can only been seen at an angle. Resto is very well done and not visible to the average person. Asking $1400.

MarvelMysteryComics7CGC6_5Rmylite2.jpg

Marvel Mystery Comics #6 5.0 great eye appeal. Cover is popped at bottom staple but still attached. Book is otherwise solid. OSPG $2200, a CGC 5.0 sold for $2800 in 2008, asking $2500

MarvelMysteryComics64_5.jpg

So is this Roy 5.0 or a CGC 5.0?

Well !?!

Make that two votes for Fiction House.

(thumbs u

Lou and I decided to hang on to the Fiction House stuff for now.

:foryou: