• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tears. I'm trying to get rid of them.

92 posts in this topic

We've gone to Anime Central and Wizard World Chicago together for 8 years running. We're going to hit up C2E2 in April. Hopefully I get a chance to meet some of the boardies then. I've already had her read the Claremont / Byrne run on X-MEN. Next on her list from me is Miller's DD run :)

Roy - did you sell all your SA, or are you just down to the keepers?

Mike, I sold most of my SA runs a while back to fund my GA purchases. I still have a few long boxes of keeper stuff that I have held on to and a few CGC books.

Daring Mystery Comics #3 CGC 5.0 ow/w pages. Probably my favorite Schomburg cover of all. I love the colors of this book. Obligatory "girl in the glass tube" cover. OSPG has 4.0 @$1000 and 6.0 @ $1500. A CGC 4.0 (with low eye appeal) recently sold for $950. This book has far superior eye appeal and page quality. The next highest grade after this lone 5.0 is the CGC 7.0 that sold for $9500 (4 times guide). There is also a CGC 7.5, 8.0 and an 8.5. Asking $2200 for this book.

daringmystery3.jpg

(worship)

:gossip:

Once upon a time in a far away land I also thought this would be the case but now I have been contained to 1 room. But my Brett Favre shrine above the mantle survived all the "maturation"

:whistle:

Ahh, but Louise collects comics too.

I've converted her to the dark side.

Now if she gets her way, there might also be some firefighter outfits on mannequins around the house but we'll see if I can veto that.

:eek:

Serously, I've always wanted one of those homes that looks like something out of Tom Hanks' movie Big. Just one large playground.

:banana:

Nice Work Roy,

My wife just laughs and says why would you buy a book in a plastic case you can't read. The conversation ends there. However, I did get her playing WOW...that was fun being an arena partner with your wife!

Well !?!

There's a Timely........don't everyone jump all over it at once. :makepoint:

I'm waiting for the Action and Supes collectors to buy a house and blow up their car.

......and the Fiction House collectors too. :wishluck:

my car died Saturday night... :cry: