• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tears. I'm trying to get rid of them.

92 posts in this topic

Marvel Mystery Comics #6 5.0 great eye appeal. Cover is popped at bottom staple but still attached. Book is otherwise solid. OSPG $2200, a CGC 5.0 sold for $2800 in 2008, asking $2500

So is this Roy 5.0 or a CGC 5.0?

It's a Roy 5.0. I'll list it as a CGC if it is one and if the book has been cracked out it will be in the description.

R.

Roy throw your MMC's #2, #9, etc on here and lets see some real tears not this crocodile stuff :baiting::grin:

The idea is to not sell those.

:baiting:

Marvel Mystery Comics #7 CGC 6.5 EP pieces added, cover reinforced, color touched, reglossed, right edge of centerfold trimmed (not the entire book). GPA has a CGC 6.0 MA (Trimmed) sale at $975 in Feb/08. Book has been removed from CGC holder but label comes with the book. Incredible eye appeal. Grades a 6.5 due to a long crease on the front cover that does not break color and can only been seen at an angle. Resto is very well done and not visible to the average person. Asking $1400.

MarvelMysteryComics7CGC6_5Rmylite2.jpg

Why is a gorgeous book like this only considered a 6.5?

Marvel Mystery Comics #8 CGC 3.5 ow/w pages. This book has been cracked out of it's holder and comes with the CGC label. Pages are near white, just as the previous owner described them to me. The reason for the grade is simply numerous reading wrinkles, many of which are not easily seen, and some stains, which are visible from the inside and not the outside of the book. Killer copy for the grade. This book features the beginning of the Human Torch/Sub Mariner battle which made history as the first major Superhero battle/crossover arc in comics. It's a terrific read and very well done because Carl Burgos and Bill Everett both did the same story but each creator did it through their respective characters roles...very innovative for the time. CGC 3.0 sold for $1300 in Feb 2008, OSPG has 4.0 @2400. Asking $2300.

MarvelMysteryComics8CGC3_5.jpg

Marvel Mystery Comics #7 CGC 6.5 EP pieces added, cover reinforced, color touched, reglossed, right edge of centerfold trimmed (not the entire book). GPA has a CGC 6.0 MA (Trimmed) sale at $975 in Feb/08. Book has been removed from CGC holder but label comes with the book. Incredible eye appeal. Grades a 6.5 due to a long crease on the front cover that does not break color and can only been seen at an angle. Resto is very well done and not visible to the average person. Asking $1400.

Why is a gorgeous book like this only considered a 6.5?

Andy, it's in the description. There is a long crease that is not visible in the scan that keeps the grade down. It's a stunner in hand and looks much like the scan.

Roy throw your MMC's #2, #9, etc on here and lets see some real tears not this crocodile stuff :baiting::grin:

The idea is to not sell those.

:baiting:

at some point even keeper books have to move on :( Nice books Roy. Hope they sell to good owners :)

Roy, beautiful books. I'm sad that you have to let them go. Any chance of you throwing some Marvel BA stuff in here?

Just have this stuff left over from a previous thread. If you have a want list feel free to PM me.

This is all that's left folks. Offers will be considered.

30% off anything on this list.

Amazing Spider-man #141 easy 9.6 very slight miswrap OSPG 9.2 is $45 asking $70

Batman #255 9.6 Walk in the park 9.4, I say 9.6. Only flaw is tiny bindery tear at bottom of spine. Asking $275.

Captain America #101 9.4 OSPG in 9.2 $125 asking $175

Crazy #1 walk in the park 9.6 white pages. OSPG 9.2 $28, GPA 9.6 @ $140, asking $100

Detective Comics #440 easy 9.6 GPA @ $560 asking $400

Fantastic Four #134 9.6 OSPG 9.2 $35 GPA 9.6 @ $150 asking $70

G.I. Combat #138 1st Losers 9.0 OSPG $113, GPA has 9.0 from 2004 @ $286. Asking $200

Giant Size Spider-man #4 9.8 Flawless copy. Asking $900

Thor #337 9.4 OSPG $10 asking $15

X-men #81 9.0 OSPG $80 asking $50

X-men #90 9.2 OSPG @ $110 asking $75

X-men #98 9.2 tiny 1/4" tear RH outer edge OSPG $155 asking $125

X-men #100 9.4 OSPG 9.2 @ $185 asking $140

X-men #102 9.0 OSPG @ $83 asking $50

X-men #102 9.2 OSPG $115 asking $80

X-men #117 9.8 OSPG 9.2 $65 GPA 9.8 @ $217 asking $150

Well !?!

There's a Timely........don't everyone jump all over it at once. :makepoint:

I'm waiting for the Action and Supes collectors to buy a house and blow up their car.

Why wait? Start collecting Timely's instead!

West

:gossip:

Once upon a time in a far away land I also thought this would be the case but now I have been contained to 1 room. But my Brett Favre shrine above the mantle survived all the "maturation"

:whistle:

Ahh, but Louise collects comics too.

I've converted her to the dark side.

Now if she gets her way, there might also be some firefighter outfits on mannequins around the house but we'll see if I can veto that.

:eek:

Serously, I've always wanted one of those homes that looks like something out of Tom Hanks' movie Big. Just one large playground.

:banana:

:gossip:

Once upon a time in a far away land I also thought this would be the case but now I have been contained to 1 room. But my Brett Favre shrine above the mantle survived all the "maturation"

:whistle:

Ahh, but Louise collects comics too.

I've converted her to the dark side.

Now if she gets her way, there might also be some firefighter outfits on mannequins around the house but we'll see if I can veto that.

:eek:

Serously, I've always wanted one of those homes that looks like something out of Tom Hanks' movie Big. Just one large playground.

:banana:

Lucky. My wife is big into manga, anime and video games but try as I might I cannot get her into superhero comics. She's read a few things I've thrown at her, but so far nothing has stuck. Mind if I ask what you did to get your gal interested?

Let's add one more book that I forgot about. Man, I hate to part with this. I may never replace it.

Amazing Adventures #1 CGC 8.0 off white pages. Impossible in grade. Highest graded is a CGC 9.0 that sold for $3600 (over double guide) almost 5 years ago. There is a CGC 8.5 and this is third highest graded. I consider this a key book with the first appearance of Dr. Droom who is listed in Overstreet as the 1st Marvel Age Superhero pre dating FF #1. Chock full of Kirby and Ditko art, this is also the run that, after several title changes, leads into Amazing Fantasy with issue #15. Terrific eye appeal and a killer yellow Kirby cover. OSPG $961. Asking $2500.

AmazingAdventures1CGC8_0.jpg

Lucky. My wife is big into manga, anime and video games but try as I might I cannot get her into superhero comics. She's read a few things I've thrown at her, but so far nothing has stuck. Mind if I ask what you did to get your gal interested?

Lou doesn't necessarily like Superhero comics although she appreciates all forms of art as her entire family is artistic or creative in some way. She likes romance comics and that helps bridge the gap in the hobby to the point where she enjoys it.

You're lucky your gal likes manga and video games. Some women won't give an inch! Comics are so varied now that if they are interested in reading there is such a wide range of material that almost everyone should be able to find something that suits their tastes.

Ever take her to a con? That was a real eye opener for Louise as far as being exposed to new material.