• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic where the cover was better than the interior story

14 posts in this topic

Post up some of your favorite comics where the picture on the cover was better than the story on the inside and give your reasons why.

I'll start w/ this one:

scan0020.jpg

Great double jeopardy Hulk cover w/ the introduction of a cool looking villian.

The story fell very flat in comparison w/ Wolvie being a somewhat minor nuisance (he got knocked the "f" out) to the jade giant and most of the story revovling around Wendigo and his lame transformation.

I prefer the Wolverine of that era. he should get knocked out by a glancing blow from the Hulk. He is afterall a regular guy with an enhanced skeleton and some claws.

As to posting a cover where it was better than the interior story: there are so many I wouldn't know where to begin.

Every Charlton comic published after Giordano joined DC. Mind you, the covers weren't often great either. Most if not all Gold Keys (exceptions would be Solar and Magnus). Plus Atlas Seaboard titles, and anything by Continuity.

As for favorites, a fair amount of GA....

Stop thread crapping and post a cover imho

552170-spirits6_super.jpg

The reason is because this entire crossover series made it seem like there was going to be a legit battle between Venom and Ghostrider and they ended up teaming up at the end. I guess it went a long way towards painting Venom as good guy (which he should've never been) so I guess it has that going for it. Otherwise I'd rather just have this image as a poster with no words or other indicators that it was a cover.

All ten covers to Batman: RIP. It had Morrison's drivel on the inside to destroy Tony Daniel's art and variant covers.

Alex Ross' covers were lush as usual.