• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FAN EXPO CANADA™ - August 27-29, 2010 - TORONTO, CANADA

847 posts in this topic

oh did not know that there seems to be alot of parties that weekend for all genres. my wife and i are going to this one gives us something to do on friday night. seems like there are alot of events running that weekend to cater to the fans in town for fanexpo, offically part of it or not

Where do you see this information? My cousin and I will probably be there until closing on Friday and wouldn't mind meeting some fellow boardies.... :foryou:

Well, the Questys are a bit of a goof that is part of a comedy show/party that was approved as the Friday Night (non-Horror) After Party - it is, as I wrote earlier - being put together by others - not the Comic Book Expo team. The organizers of the Questy portion are the Naked News' "Naked Nerd" Katherine Curtis and the guys from the Watchtower podcast - Jeff Moss and Donnie Coulter, but other comedians like Gavin Stevens will participate and the Nerd Girl Pin-Ups will provide burlesque.

The awards are all character-based = things like Best Use of Deadpool, Best Character to Return from the Dead, Best Tertiary Character, etc. I think there's only one award that could go to a live person - Best Celebrity-Written comic. This is an over 19 event.

lol. I'm sure it will be a boatload of fun for those that go. I'll probably head out for a bite to eat somewhere less lively with some friends in town for the Expo. You are welcome to join.

Plus the Stan Lee VIP event is Friday as well... almost forgot!

Geez, I just read on the FanExpo website that to attend this award show, that is the official Fan-Expo comics after-party on Friday night, I'd have to pay $5!!! If 26.52% of comic book retailers believe that $5 is too much to pay for early delivery of books, rather than same day shipping, I wonder how they would feel about paying $5 for the Questys?

Don't forget that $5 entry fee is being divided between the CBLDF and the Hero Initiative.

I wonder what % of retailers support those charities, beyond flapping their gums?

I do know that nearly 1/4 of retailers have no interest in receiving their comic shipments 1 day earlier than currently if they have to pay $5 to do it. That $5 would help pay for a system that ensures the equal selling of books (aka not selling books earlier than street dates). That seems like a very small fee, for all of the advantages of early delivery. So if $5 is too much for that, I wonder how many retailers would support the most excellent Questy Awards for a cost of $5, despite the money being donated? I think the humor of the Questys will be well worth it. Those guys are so hilarious when they make fun of comics and comic characters. A real bunch of scamps, those guys.