• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FAN EXPO CANADA™ - August 27-29, 2010 - TORONTO, CANADA

847 posts in this topic

Just received word from James that the Premium Packages (limited to only 1500) are almost completely sold out now. If you want one, better act fast as they'll probably be gone by the weekend or earlier.

The premium pass is the only way to get your copy of the AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 638 FAN EXPO VARIANT with the STAN LEE cover.

(CGC is coming so if you want this puppy SS'd you could try for the trifecta of STAN LEE (who appears on the cover and writes part of the book), interior artist PAOLO RIVERA and super-cool cover artist OLIVIER COIPEL!)

Just received word from James that the Premium Packages (limited to only 1500) are almost completely sold out now. If you want one, better act fast as they'll probably be gone by the weekend or earlier.

The premium pass is the only way to get your copy of the AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 638 FAN EXPO VARIANT with the STAN LEE cover.

(CGC is coming so if you want this puppy SS'd you could try for the trifecta of STAN LEE (who appears on the cover and writes part of the book), interior artist PAOLO RIVERA and super-cool cover artist OLIVIER COIPEL!)

get me 5 done Kev, thanks

FAN EXPO CANADA is now officially presented by ROGERS

Rogers Communications is a diversified Canadian communications and media company and Canada's largest provider of wireless voice and data communications services and one of Canada's leading providers of cable television, high-speed Internet and telephony services. Rogers Media engages in radio and television broadcasting, televised shopping, magazines and trade publications, and sports entertainment. It is a publicly traded company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: RCI.A and RCI.B) and on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RCI).

http://www.rogers.com/

So my cell phone bill, is helping fund this show. lol

Rogers Communications is a diversified Canadian communications and media company and Canada's largest provider of wireless voice and data communications services and one of Canada's leading providers of cable television, high-speed Internet and telephony services. Rogers Media engages in radio and television broadcasting, televised shopping, magazines and trade publications, and sports entertainment. It is a publicly traded company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: RCI.A and RCI.B) and on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RCI).

And my home phone and my cable and my internet and my.......

Seems fitting as I am one of the very few that likes Rogers... but that's because I have my way with them in many different fashions. :gossip:

Hey Kev, any word regarding confirmed dealers? I'm still going there with the intent of picking up an FF#1. Some advance scouting would help greatly.

Thanks, I appreciate it!

Last weekend some dealer invoices were being reviewed, and a couple of recently opened spaces were being resolved. All of that should be finalized by now, so I've submitted a request for the final list (since it's being put together for the program) and hope we'll be able to post it soon. Maybe this weekend, but probably next week...

Seems fitting as I am one of the very few that likes Rogers... but that's because I have my way with them in many different fashions. :gossip:

I hate Rogers.

:mad:

Faster than a speeding bullet! Here's the list:

It's divided by section of the show the exhibitor has indicated they fall into, however, many dealers overlap areas:

AK Comics and Cards

Anime!

AnimeXtreme

Cartoon Passion

CMDstore

Creative Zing

Dream Angels

Global Anime

Golden Coast Enterprises

Gravity Toys

Greentea Design

Hen Da Ne, Inc

KK Circle Lenses

Otaku Juice

Punchbrand

Scaredy Cats

Sun Anime

Tag's Gift

The Contact Lens Company

The Dragon

1,000,000 Comix

1,000,000 Comix Inc.

All New Comics Inc

Anything and Everything

Art4comics

Big B Comics

Bruno Mazzaferro

Camilla D'Errico

Collectible Heroes

Comic Book Addiction

Comic Trader

Comicage Entertainment

Comics and More

Conspiracy Comics

Courtice Collectible

Cyber City Comix

Dragon Lady Comics

Dragonstar

Graham Crackers Comics Ltd

Haganland

Harley Yee Rare Comics

Heavy Mental Designs

Heroes Comics

Heroes of the World

Heroes World

Iron Puppy Collectibles

John Malito

Kewl Collectibles

Kitsch Klothing

Komico

Major Comics

Manish Mistry

Myths, Legends and Heroes

Pendragon

Planet Hobby

Rare Hunters

Shockwave Comics

Silver Snail

The Labyrinth

Toy Square

Unknown Worlds

Wyldstar

A&C Games

Best Desu Inc.

Dueling Grounds

Martin Grenier

Pacific Gifts Ltd.

Planet X

Skyfox Games

Video Games New York

www.craigscards.com

X-S Cards and Collectibles

13 Flames Empire

Akumo Ink

Artist Chris Kuchta

Baby's First Boo

Black Fawn Films

Chris Roberts

Cosplay-FTW

Crypt Club Productions Inc

Dark Roast Releasing

Darkside

Dragons and Skulls

Fashion Whore

Fort Fright

Full Moon

Gruesome Enterprises

HWA / Horror Writers

Love, Poetry, Corsets

Midnight Syndicate

R2 Films

Rotten Rags

Sick on Sin

Storming the Base

Stranglehold Legends

Suspect Video

Synn Studios Inc.

The Devil's Latex

The Gemini Company

Trash Palace

Twisted Toys

Twisted Ts

Vagrancy Films

Vampirewear.com

Voodoo Baby

Wyldstar

Zombie Liquorice

Zombie Portraits

The Wrestling Agency

Aura Photography

Celebrity Paper

D'Artagnan

Denis Non Sport

Fantastic Films

Iceman Video Games

J&A Collecibles

Lobby Card Invasion

mtctoys.com

My Cartoon Heroes

O&P Pins

PHG Sports

Pixel Barrel

Sci Fi Cards

Silver Maple Collectibles

South Tower Armouring Guild

Star Toys

Tyderium Toys

Worlds Away

Kevin, thanks for the vendor list! (thumbs u

But can we get a better understanding of the CGC representation since the show is fast approaching.

Will there be just a SS Rep with Stan or will there be a CGC booth taking submissions?

Thanks! :applause:

But can we get a better understanding of the CGC representation since the show is fast approaching.

Will there be just a SS Rep with Stan or will there be a CGC booth taking submissions?

Well, CGC will have a booth and will be accepting books and coordinating their CAWs for Signature Series requests at the event.

Stan Lee - well, Desert Wind Comics is advertised as the exclusive SS facilitator for Stan Lee at Fan Expo, so I assume that means that they will be working with attendees who wish to get their books signed by Stan and submitted at Fan Expo. DWC will also have a booth at Fan Expo near Stan's signing area.

Hopefully either an official CGC rep or Chandler from DWC will be able to pop by and clarify the specific details on how this will be handled before the show (and I will ask them to as well), particularly for those who have purchased the Ultimate Stan Lee package like you did.

Well, CGC will have a booth and will be accepting books and coordinating their CAWs for Signature Series requests at the event.

Stan Lee - well, Desert Wind Comics is advertised as the exclusive SS facilitator for Stan Lee at Fan Expo, so I assume that means that they will be working with attendees who wish to get their books signed by Stan and submitted at Fan Expo. DWC will also have a booth at Fan Expo near Stan's signing area.

Hopefully either an official CGC rep or Chandler from DWC will be able to pop by and clarify the specific details on how this will be handled before the show (and I will ask them to as well), particularly for those who have purchased the Ultimate Stan Lee package like you did.

Excellent. :whee:

I hate Rogers.

:mad:

Four words for you..... Office of the President :gossip:

They really can work magic when you have a valid (or semi-valid) complaint.

Doug Mahnke and I are bringing a print to FanExpo, this will be our first time selling the print and each will be #ed and signed by Doug Mahnke out of 100 created. All are slightly smaller then 11 x 17, cardstock and glossy!

Hope you enjoy!

102395.jpg.6238ddc1775b9f3d2096512b0020233f.jpg

Nice. I hear you are going to have lots of Mahnke art for sale! :cloud9:

Coming up fast! 19 Days!

Lots of Mahnke stuff for sale including (shameless plug)...

Green Lantern pages from #43 on up (many have not been available before)

Final Crisis pages

Final Crisis: Superman Beyond

Covers from GL, Superman Beyond, JLA etc

I uncovered a small stash of our first Doug Mahnke Sketchbook, maybe 10 copies, so those will also be available along with the limited edition print of 100 featured a few posts earlier.

Doug will be doing a limited # of commissions at the show

No full body, just bust or waist up shots depending on what he wants to do

Each day we will take a set amount of commissions and whatever does not get completed will move on to the next day and the next day. So spots will become less and less each day. Each show it gets crazier and crazier for people wanting commissions, so we are hoping this will help out!

First come, first served situation, no commissions ahead of time or placement on the commission list ahead of Friday.

Pricing has not been decided yet between Doug and myself, will update as we discuss it.

Christian Alamy (Doug's #1 inker) will also be set up next to Doug and myself with art available and will also be doing commissions (former penciler for DC on Lobo and other titles). He will not be inking any of Doug's work at the show though, only commissions. Prices for that will also be updated.

Hey Kev, any word regarding confirmed dealers? I'm still going there with the intent of picking up an FF#1. Some advance scouting would help greatly.

Thanks, I appreciate it!

Last weekend some dealer invoices were being reviewed, and a couple of recently opened spaces were being resolved. All of that should be finalized by now, so I've submitted a request for the final list (since it's being put together for the program) and hope we'll be able to post it soon. Maybe this weekend, but probably next week...

Thanks!

Got the email about the Tickets being sent directly to Rogers Wireless Customers' phones. Curious to know how that works, with those that have purchased tickets already?

On that note, while searching around, Premium Packages have now been marked as "Sold Out"

Hmm... Highly considering doing this.