• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FAN EXPO CANADA™ - August 27-29, 2010 - TORONTO, CANADA

847 posts in this topic

Past VIP receptions with Stan at other events have been Stan in a private room with the people that have signed up for the package. It was similar to a signing in that Stan was at a table greeting and chatting with people, everyone lined up and had a chance to shake his hand, introduce themselves, take a picture and get their item signed. People asked him questions when they got their turn at the front and the settings were intimate enough that everyone could hear the questions and answers.

This will be similar.

We're working on the comics programming now, which should be a lot of fun for show attendees. The fellows at the Toronto Cartoonists Workshops joined the team earlier in the year and they have lots of fun ideas for the "How to" comics workshops with many of the top guest creators, plus we've got a lot of publishers on board this year --- each with their own panels and presentations planned. We're also kicking around some sketch duel ideas which we think are killer, plus some special Q&A sessions with some of the other guests.

And that's just comics! The Horror, Sci-fi and Anime Expo teams are developing their programming streams as well.

Stan Lee fans take note:

This is a bonus opportunity for people who want to attend a special limited VIP event with Stan on Friday night.

648318c048b64c012aeca9faa1cd9525.jpg

Kev, this is an AMAZING deal for a meet and greet. Obviously, I'm crazy disappointed to miss out on something like this but wow! $150 is a steal when you consider how much a Stan sig alone normally can run you.

By the way (and my apologies if I overlooked this already), but is CGC planning to attend this event? Just wondering if there will be a SS opportunity with Stan?

Yup, Tiz announced a couple of weeks ago that CGC is coming to Fan Expo and setting up. I'm not 100% on how SS for Stan Lee will work at the Expo, as I'm just involved in the show side of things. I'm sure they or someone they work with will make an announcement detailing how SS requests at Fan Expo will be handled.

PS I agree - I think the USLP is a great deal and will likely be sold out very quickly. If newer books are your thing you can get the Premium pass and the Ultimate Stan Lee package and then you can get the super-limited (1500 copies!) ASM 638 Stan Lee Coipel variant signed by Stan at the VIP signing.

Kev and Tiz, be more than happy to help with witnessing any special signings as always. This show keeps getting better.

Just unreal, not lip service, it is incredible. Kudos to everyone, including my homie TY!

JJ

Kev and Tiz, be more than happy to help with witnessing any special signings as always. This show keeps getting better.

Just unreal, not lip service, it is incredible. Kudos to everyone, including my homie TY!

JJ

You will be busy, don't worry. Thanks for the call back yesterday.

JJ

:eyeroll:

JJ

:eyeroll:

or not... doh!