• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FAN EXPO CANADA™ - August 27-29, 2010 - TORONTO, CANADA

847 posts in this topic

Is JJ coming up with Doug?

God I hope not :jokealert:

:ohnoez:

You get a beer as well.

Remember this is real men's beer up here. Not the watered down stuff you get down there.

Is JJ coming up with Doug?

God I hope not :jokealert:

:ohnoez:

The only way I'll let you in the con is if you bring your Banjo :grin:

jjplayingdabango.jpg

JJ at 17 rocking out.

Is that Pirate on the drums in the back??

WOW its going to be great to return again this year, last year was my first con and it was a blast! looks like Gary Frank is this year's Chris Bachalo! first NA appearance! woohooo go hobbystar!

WOW its going to be great to return again this year, last year was my first con and it was a blast! looks like Gary Frank is this year's Chris Bachalo! first NA appearance! woohooo go hobbystar!

You are correct spideyfan88. It has been over 10 years since Gary Frank has attended a convention in North America.

Arjuna, I think you should stay in Montreal, I don't need the competition and I think you already have too many amazing sketch covers...

(tsk)

But if I can't convince you that it's worth skipping, I'll see ya in many many lines I'm sure. Oh man, August can't get here soon enough.

I know that feeling... lol.

Anyway, response has been fantastic so far, people are really pleased, and combined with the media guests this looks to be a great year.

Kudos to Tiz on the amazing international comic guests he has gotten for the show this year! I can't wait to meet Gary Frank! I know who is in the works for Wave 2 and I know people are going to flip!

And being a big fan of Doug Mahnke's work, I'm quite please that he and Christian will be able to participate in this year's Fan Expo.

If San Diego is sold out, why not come to Toronto in August? It's a little smaller than SDCCI, but still a massive event with a similar feel in a BEAUTIFUL, cosmopolitan city. And the convention centre is right downtown and adjacent to tourist attractions like the CN Tower, and there are a zillion great restaurants all within walking distance of the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. There's nary a slum or rundown area anywhere nearby.... the streets are clean and the people friendly. Plenty of hotels near the convention centre, all of them top notch. A great place to end the summer of 2010.

And COMICS are at the heart of this show. It's the foundation of the event and not forgotten or ignored. Our guest area is well organized and we've got lots of exciting programmed events planned on our own and with our publisher partners. Tiziano, myself and the rest of the COMIC EXPO team plan and orchestrate an amazing event within the larger event.

with a list this good, for the whole con, im really hoping the crowd is better this year , i know you moved back to the north building , it just gets insane on saturdays , when most people come. I know in years past the fire marshal has shut down ticket sales, and with this years list being so amazing, i can see a HUGE turn out. im glad im going the whole weekend it just gets sooo cramed on saturday that its hard to even move.

Do you guys have new plans for the crowd this year? im guessing after the huge turn out last year you talked about ways to make it better. You should just take over the whole convention center north and south building lol

Maybe one day we will take over both buildings. hm

A lot of work has gone into making Fan Expo bigger, better and funner.

I don't think over crowding will be an issue.

thats very very good to hear, i know alot of people fans of all genres that are all concered about the over crowding. Hell ya you should take over the whole building , make this comic con north, fanexpo , the comic con of the north. Love the use of the word funner i argue with people that its a real word lol.

I realize that tickets are not on sale yet but does anyone have info on the cost of past tickets? Normally I don't pay for the primium tickets but to meet Stan Lee I might make an exception.