• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic collecting goals for 2010

137 posts in this topic

Other goals are to just find a copy, any copy of the following:

Fight Comics 24 & 27

Good ones! Still need a 27 too ... for 24 though :grin:

Funnily I don't have any particular goal for 2010 in mind yet hm

In January 2009, I decided to go for the Four Color run and I have now over half of the books ... I guess that's some success there.

90429.jpg.365fb50473264349b5206676f1a89d01.jpg

Complete my Raw UXM run 94 - current(I only need 5 more books)

Complete the full run of Saga of the Swamp thing as well as make a start on the first series.

Cut back on Moderns (I't's just costing me too much money

Pick up some nice horror books and hoepfullly some pre-code stuff.

I was forced to rethink my collecting strategy when I had to sell off my Bronze collection due to financial trouble. I've nearly worked my way out of that and at the moment I'm concentrating on 9.8s for CA/MA. 9.4/9.6 for BA.

GA/SA is out of the question for me, I just can't afford it. So my main focus is Bats/WD/Chew 9.8s.

Hopefully towards the end of next year the money thing will have picked up again and I'll be able to start buying bigger books again.

Finish my Wrightson 10 ( Swamp Thing 1-10 ) slabbed in 9.6 +, as I have 3 issues to go.

Start a WBN slabbed run ( have some to send off and hunt for some already slabbed and HG raw), all will be 9.4 or better.

Send off my Avengers 4 to get slabbed ( should pull a 7.5 )

Go through my WBN 32's and TOD 10's and send some off to get slabbed.

Single issue hunts ( HG Raw )- DC Super Giant 21, ASM 14, Iron Man 1 and 55, and a mid grade TOS 39.

Plus, keep buying WBN 32 and TOD 10

Also, do another Conan 1-24 run.

sell some of my raw books for first time. There isn't any reasons left to keep them after 20 plus years. I have a good size raw X-men books collection from 3 to 140 that aren't worth slabbing...at least to me.

I would love to finish my mid/high grade ASM run from 1 to 100 but that is about it. Of course upgrading my high grade X-men run from 1 to 100 is always top of the priority.

I intend to pick up a decent Hulk 181 (had bought one earlier this year, but decided it was too low grade even if it was affordable so sold it) and a decent GS X Men 1.

Will continue to work my way backwards filling in my ASM run. Right now I've got 500-current pretty much sealed up and will be looking to start at 400-499 possibly next month. I will undoubtedly pick up some SA ASMs here and there also.

Will also start picking up BA first appearances. Picked up Marvel Spotlight # 2 this year and intend to get WBN 32 (possibly HG slabbed) next year. Have my eyes on an ASM 101 but not ready to pull the trigger. Iron Fist 14, and Ghostrider 1 would be a couple of others I'll probably try to get.

Then there's my Marvel Team-Up collection. I've got a few gaps to fill there, but it's always on the backburner.

At some point I'll also go back and get Web Of Spider-Man, Spectacular Spider-Man, and Spider-Man complete runs because they were the books I started out on back in the 1990s.

Will also begin collecting The Walking Dead back issues. I read the TPBs for issues 1-60 so I do not have any of those issues and will be going back to get them.

I am getting back into collecting comics again after having spent the last 5 yrs focusing on OA. I have been picking up books here and there as of the last month, but I am really going to start getting heavy into it.

Not sure where I'll go with it, but I am having alot of fun relearning. I've been a big DC guy, so that's probably where a majority of my time/energy/money will be spent.....