• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It`s all or nothing when selling comicbooks now!

24 posts in this topic

Has anybody else noticed this? the majority of comic collectors will spend thousands of dollars for a high grade CGC book or will pay a few bucks for low grade lots on Ebay but they won`t pay middle of the tier prices for mid-grade books. So its either spend a lot of money on that holy grail or buy a few readers.

Has anybody else noticed this? people will spend thousands of dollars for a high grade CGC book or will pay a few bucks for low grade lots on Ebay but they won`t pay middle of the tier prices for mid-grade books. So its either spend a lot of money on that holy grail or buy a few readers.

:golfclap:

My Brother, your are correct, either spend a lot for the BEST, or nothing for the REST!

B

That explains why I keep building a mid-grade collection. I'm cheap.

(thumbs u +1 :applause:

I look for books in the fine/vf range. They're still nice to look at and not nearly as expensive which fits my budget pretty well.

I concur! ^^

That explains why I keep building a mid-grade collection. I'm cheap.

(thumbs u +1 :applause:

I look for books in the fine/vf range. They're still nice to look at and not nearly as expensive which fits my budget pretty well.

I concur! ^^

+1 and +1

This is the problem with midgrade.

They are not "high grade enough" for high grade collectors and "not cheap enough" for low grade collectors/readers.

As the hobby slowly contracts, the middle is what gets hit first.

That`s what I was trying to allude to but only you picked up on it. The high grade stuff sells great, the low grade cheap price readers sells great, its the mid-grade stuff that sells slow/mediocre. the trouble with that is over 75 percent of comics out there are mid-grade. what does this all mean? it means the majority of comics are slow/mediocre sellers and its been the high priced high grade stuff that`s been carrying the market for a few years now, so basically other then a good read, most of the comics the collector has in his boxes are worthless or will be sold for pennies on the dollar on ebay in the future.

the trouble with that is over 75 percent of comics out there are mid-grade.

I don't think this is true. True midgrades, say 5.5 to 7/5, are not overly common for SA, and certainly not for GA.

the trouble with that is over 75 percent of comics out there are mid-grade.

I don't think this is true. True midgrades, say 5.5 to 7/5, are not overly common for SA, and certainly not for GA.

the 75 percent comics sold on Ebay are bronze age and up mid-grade, of course golden age and the marvel silver age keys are the exception.