• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insane!

161 posts in this topic

The theme of this letter is not "I would rather die than remain silent in response to that which I am convinced is profoundly stupid." By now, you've already heard countless arguments running in that vein and are probably pretty sick of them. The theme of this letter is "What Snizzenfixit insists are original witticisms are nothing more than warmed-over versions of extremism." First, the misinformation: Snizzenfixit suggests that it is blasphemous to question his bromides. Where the heck did he come up with that? He doesn't want you to know the answer to that question; he wants to ensure you don't lead the way to the future, not to the past. Until we address this issue, we will never move beyond it.

You do realize that your posts are meaningless right? I mean, since the responses bear no resemblance to that which they are supposed replies to they mean nothing. One of your replies actually implied that I was racist. This makes you look like you have no clue as to what the simplest text might mean. Let me put it into terms that you can understand.

Spam ... Bad

Actual debate ... Good

If that is too much for you, then PM me your address and I will send it to you in pictures.

Phil

Guns? Absence of religion? Lack of self esteem? Poor parenting? The entertainment industry? Who's to blame for Snizzenfixit's improvident warnings? Numerous professionals (and not-so-professionals) have speculated and mulled, publicly and privately, over what has caused Snizzenfixit to precipitate riots. In the rest of this letter, I will use history and science (in the Hegelian sense) to prove that I wish raving-to-the-core Neanderthals had the gumption not to encumber the religious idea with too many things of a purely earthly nature and thus bring religion into a totally unnecessary conflict with science. Lastly, Snizzenfixit oppresses his critics by crushing them, expelling them, pauperizing them, and cutting them off from families and friends.

Allow me to introduce myself. I'm the founder of the Anti-Snizzenfixit Society. In this letter, I will tell you what made me form such an organization and how I plan to use it to make an impartial and well-informed evaluation of the advantages and disadvantages of Snizzenfixit's campaigns. Some background is in order: This is typical of the kind of noise Snizzenfixit enjoys making. I know you're wondering why I just wrote that. I'll explain shortly, but first, I should state that Snizzenfixit keeps saying that the sky is falling. For some reason, Snizzenfixit's devotees actually believe this nonsense. In hearing about his pleas, one gets the distinct impression that he spouts the same bile in everything he writes, making only slight modifications to suit the issue at hand. The issue he's excited about this week is hedonism, which says to me that Snizzenfixit is typical of silly, despicable vicious-types in his wild invocations to the irrational, the magic, and the fantastic to dramatize his principles. Our goal must now be to begin the debate about Snizzenfixit's overgeneralizations. If you believe that that's a worthwhile goal, then I can indeed use your help. Let me hear from you.

There is currently a lot of controversy about Snizzenfixit's objectives, and I know that any letter on the subject will almost certainly cause someone to do the entire country a grave disservice. Still, seeking to conspire with evil is a hallmark of a totalitarian regime. Let me cut to the chase: The biggest difference between me and Snizzenfixit is that Snizzenfixit wants to create problems that our grandchildren will have to live with. I, on the other hand, want to educate the public on a range of issues. He claims that unsympathetic, unregenerate wisenheimers are more deserving of honor than our nation's war heroes. That claim is preposterous and, to use Snizzenfixit's own language, overtly shiftless. No history can justify it. One final point: The only way that we can fight Snizzenfixit, the only way we can beat him, is to direct your attention in some detail to the vast and irreparable calamity brought upon us by Snizzenfixit.

I've reached a point where I feel the need to express my disappointment with Snizzenfixit. Let us note first of all that I feel no more personal hatred for Snizzenfixit than I might feel for a herd of wild animals or a cluster of poisonous reptiles. One does not hate those whose souls can exude no spiritual warmth; one pities them. Naturally, I want nothing more -- or less -- than to allay the concerns of the many people who have been harmed by him. To that task I have consecrated my life, and I invite you to do likewise. Snizzenfixit's conclusions are part of a larger attack on the very notion of meritocracy and quality. The sooner he comes to grips with that reality, the better for all of us. Snizzenfixit represents the most recent incarnation of the unique 20th-century phenomenon known as "abhorrent post-structuralism". May we never forget this if we are to deny Snizzenfixit and his intimates a chance to replace law and order with anarchy and despotism.

That is meaningless spam.

That post was brilliant. The way you copied the text. The flawless way that you pasted it. A true masterpiece. You should take pride in your plagiarism. You will be so proud when you form your first simple thought.

Phil

Do you ever wake up in the morning thinking, "Under the guise of stimulating debate and illuminating diverse perspectives, Snizzenfixit's hatchet jobs actually toss quaint concepts like decency, fairness, and rational debate out the window?" Well, so do I. Permit me this forum to rant. The baneful nature of his arguments is not just a rumor. It is a fact to which I can testify. If I recall correctly, the older he gets, the more propagandism-prone he becomes. I've said that before and I've said it often, but perhaps I haven't been concrete enough or specific enough, so now I'll try to remedy those shortcomings. I'll try to be a lot more specific and concrete when I explain that we are at a crossroads. One road leads into the light of a bright, shining future in which antisocial, blockish scofflaws like Snizzenfixit are thoroughly absent. The other road leads into the darkness of plagiarism. The question, therefore, is: Who's driving the bus? To rephrase that question, where do delusional slanderers like Snizzenfixit come from, and what are we going to do with them? I've never really gotten a clear and honest answer to that question from Snizzenfixit. But what is clear is that he claims that he can walk on water. Predictably, he cites no hard data for that claim. This is because no such data exist. Is it any wonder that I am astonished by how little integrity and good judgment Snizzenfixit possesses? He and his legatees pay little or no attention to the negative impact that nepotism will have on our daily lives. It's a pity. Comments on the above are welcome, but please think them out first.

That was meaningless spam.

Yes, the finesse you use to copy and paste is a sight to behold. I think it is time young boy, time to form your first original thought. I really think you are ready. Try very hard to think. I know it might be difficult, but I believe that you can do it. Take that leap and think for yourself.

Phil

I am writing to express my dismay and concern over Snizzenfixit's crude, scornful hijinks. In the first place, Snizzenfixit is an opportunist. That is, he is an ideological chameleon, without any real morality, without a soul. As we organize our campaigns against the most acrimonious curmudgeons you'll ever see and formulate responses to their rhetoric, it is critical that we investigate the development of communism as a concept. He can get away with lies (e.g., that censorship could benefit us), because the average person cannot imagine anyone lying so brazenly. Not one person in a hundred will actually check out the facts for himself and discover that Snizzenfixit is lying. I am certain that if I asked the next person I meet if he would want Snizzenfixit to attack everyone else's jokes, he would say no. Yet we all stand idly by while Snizzenfixit claims that he is beyond reproach. Snizzenfixit is controlling and demanding. May we never forget this if we are to deny Snizzenfixit and his loyalists a chance to create an untrue and injurious impression of an entire people.

That was meaningless spam.

Ohh Bug, I thought you were ready to form a thought on your own. Maybe I am pushing you too hard, but I think you can do it with a little more effort. I know you are just a little fellow (What? maybe fourteen?) but you must try harder. You go to school right? Use some of what they tried to teach you. If you just can't do it then practice on the bus ride home from school. Do you ride the little bus? Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I am trying to figure out just where you are in your learning so that I can best help you.

Phil

The prerequisite to understanding this letter is to have encountered some of Snizzenfixit's insults and to have realized how bad-tempered they are. To organize my discussion, I suggest that we take one step back in the causal chain and pronounce the truth and renounce the lies. "Snizzenfixit" has now become part of my vocabulary. Whenever I see someone impose tremendous hardships on tens of thousands of decent, hard-working individuals, I tell him or her to stop "Snizzenfixit-ing". I have now said everything there is to say. So, to summarize it all, Snizzenfixit uses a litany of euphemisms, buzz words, and doublespeak to help him canonize malodorous leeches as nomological emblems of propriety.

I think I'll confound my critics by devoting this letter not to describing foul ill-bred-types in general, but Snizzenfixit in particular. Let us note first of all that the poisonous wine of phallocentrism had been distilled long before Snizzenfixit entered the scene. Snizzenfixit is merely the agent decanting the poisonous fluid from its bottle into the jug that is world humanity. The salient point here is that the falsehood of the tongue leads to that of the heart. Period, finis, and Q.E.D. Even though Snizzenfixit should be forced to wear a scarlet "W" for "Wants to evoke a misdirected response to genuine unresolved grievances", this does not negate the fact that in public, he vehemently inveighs against corruption and sin. But when nobody's looking, he never fails to tour the country promoting cruel materialism in lectures and radio talk show interviews. Actually, his idiotic claim that obscurity, evasiveness, incomprehensibility, indirectness, and ambiguity are marks of depth and brilliance is just that, an idiotic claim. My eventual goal for this letter is to warn the public against those barbaric, slovenly proponents of cynicism whose positive accomplishments are always practically nil, but whose conceit can scarcely be excelled. I'm counting on you for your support.

That is meaningless spam

You really aren't getting any better yet. Maybe it is a lost cause. You keep practicing though. I suppose there might still be hope. It is getting late, you should probably go to bed before you get in trouble.

Phil

I won't sugarcoat this letter. This is a very bitter letter. Small children and the faint of heart should stop reading and leave the room. Although not without overlap and simplification, I plan to identify three primary positions on Snizzenfixit's refrains. I acknowledge that I have not accounted for all possible viewpoints within the parameters of these three positions. Nevertheless, if we contradict Snizzenfixit, we are labelled ignominious dolts. If we capitulate, however, we forfeit our freedoms. One last thing: Failure to recognize this salient point will result in Snizzenfixit's getting free reign to cause the destruction of human ambition and joy.