• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insane!

161 posts in this topic

lol. Ricky is sore afraid of you now Joanna.

Nah, no one is afraid of me, Snizz. I'm lousy at all this fussin' and fightin' stuff. Though I got snippy with Del in another thread, it was out of frustration, not anger. And he ended up making it right by answering my question, so that ended my snipposity.

-- Joanna

I believe comedian Rich Hall introduced them on an HBO comedy series back in the 1980's (Not Necessarily the News)...it's taking 2 regularly used word and compounding them to form a made up word appropriate to the definition it is intended for.

Sniglet = Any word which should be in the dictionary but isn't

Snigletologists-people who have nothing better to do than sit around

thinking up sniglets

here's a fun site for you: Sniglets!

Very well said Joanna tongue.gif

A writer can always do a better job @ explaining than I can. I remember greggy telling me that Bronty (dan) had to apologize for my bad attitude when you first joined us here on these boards. I remember that simple misunderstanding which I I aplogized for immediately via PM after greggy pointed out to me that I was a plain ol' . I think it's good to have some of us "check" one another every now and then just in case we slip up; especially the more "opinionated" members of this board.

I literally laughed when I read your comment, "Besides, he offered to beat me up when I first got here -- it's his way of saying howdy!" All I pictured was that sucker punch picture hehehehe. My comment wao also only be directed towards you if you may have been male(put something like if you are a guy...) since I would never challenge a lady to a fight. Again, I aplogize and i'm glad I pm'd you to explain our simple misunderstanding. grin.gif

Matt,

I respect your opinion about Rob. I understand that you may possibly feel the need to protect other sellers who are wrongly accused since you know how it feels to be the forum "punching bag." Supapimp, Scottish, & I stand up for you when negative comments are made about you by mentioning the great transactions we have had with you, so I can relate to why you decided to make a comment. grin.gif

In this case however (water walker), (like Joanna said) i'm not calling Rob a bad seller or a jerk or anything to that extreme. I am just simply stating my opinion on some of his IMO outrageous CGC prices. The next time i'm in SD this summer I will take your advice and check his booth out, although I doubt that I will be looking at his ebay CGC auctions anytime soon laugh.gif

Ricky,

VERY WELL SAID my friend.

I do have some "protective" nature in me as a result of past experiences to say the least wink.gif

But I had NO problems with your post whatsoever, you have an opinion and a right to Express it. IN fact I do agree with you that many Ebay prices listed by Rob are high. I would have to ask him his reasoning on that before making any further comments. From the limited conversations I have had with him, he seems like a well put together guy with a great knowledge of books and a passion for DC and his mellow no pushy sales skills makes me come back to him time and time again.

Blah..blah ..blah... smile.gif

Really I just wanted to share some dealer knowledge I had when his name came up. That's all my friend!!

Sure been windy here eh?? See traffic this week?? 3.5 million Californians are driving for the holidays..YIKES!

Take care!

M

Ricky,

I look on that as my own little Baptism by Fire and am quite proud of it. I think it was FF (can't be certain) who greeted me with the basic "What's a female doing here?" post, then told me he'd scare me away. Obviously, I don't scare easily.

As for our interraction, Ricky, you most assuredly did apologize, and I thought that was very nice of you. You couldn't know I was who I said I was. And after being here awhile, and seeing how many times people do play games (no proof, but some have been obvious), I probably would've thought the same thing. Luckily, at least one forum member has spoken to me on the phone, and he can corroborate that I'm a female.

All I pictured was that sucker punch picture hehehehe. I also only put that comment up towards you if you may have been male(put something like if you are a guy...) since I would never challenge a lady to a fight.

I'll attach the picture for those who didn't see it. But the funny thing is that I was really just looking for something a bit more "butch" than my first avatar, and I thought that was pretty manly. It never even occured to me you'd see it as a challenge (though duh!!! Any guy would. I was guilty of thinking with a female brain on that one). And although I like my Supergirl avatar, I'm going to put up a new one this week, since I'm selling this painted cel and want to it a proper send-off (I love Jay Ward cartoons).

-- Joanna

BTW, now that I have your cornered, when are you going to "bring" the DC books on my list?

I've got a lot of comics, and am trying to find all those 100 pagers you were asking about. In my prowling, I think I've found an actual NM copy of Action 437 -- but you don't need that 100 pager, so never mind. But lordy, it's a beauty. How did that get in my collection?

I've got a bunch from your list but need the time to scan, so after Thanksgiving, I can do so.

-- Joanna

Right.......because you know me so well

Chew Toy, your motives are transparent. We've already established that. Maybe you should have someone helping you read these POSTS?

I'm a blithering dolt because I wrote thread instead of post. Oh my, what a person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point I am for confusing chatroom lingo!

Well, at least you can own up to what you are. By the way, you're the biggest A-Hole now. You've won. Nice work, Chewie! Oh, and remember like, five posts ago when you were admonishing someone for a typo? Yeah, just thought I'd remind you about that.

What's sad about you is that I have no idea what the hell you even opened your damn mouth for.

Chewie, a preposition is a terrible thing to end a sentence with.

(Yes, that was intentional. Cool your fingers.)

I'm done with you. I don't give a s--t what you say to this or anything else I may post. You seem to get off the more response you get, so f---k it and f--k you.

Chewie! Such language! I didn't know that a little banter would get under your skin so badly! The profanity! Always a sign of the utterly defeated. (And a sign of the weak intellect, and the weak vocabulary, and the weak ego...)

But since you're never going to talk to me ever again, I'm SURE you won't read this because obviously you're a man of your word. Obviously. shocked.gif

First off lemme say that Donut did a great job in naming this thread... no one could ever be accused of being off-topic here.... tongue.gif

I am amazed that roman broke MajorKhaos' all-time record for fastest drop to 1-star... Somehow I don't think he'll be bouncing back up to 2-stars like Major did anytime soon... (especially since I would not be surprised if this were the only thread in which he posts)

As to whether the seller is a rip-off artist. I happen to agree with rickdogg here. But let me explain by saying that I spend around $600 a year with Mile High and continue to do so, even though I would also categorize them as rip-offs... They are the 'comic retailer of last resort' for most of the world, and despite their insanely high prices, I continue to buy from them because of their consistently great customer service. I don't think ricky was suggesting this seller will steal your money anymore than I would suggest Mile High would. In both cases, you get what you pay for, but geez what a price to pay...

And finally, MajorKhaos... what the heck happened to KU last night?????? That was embarassing...

And finally, MajorKhaos... what the heck happened to KU last night?????? That was embarassing...

We will never speak of this again.

Never.

Ever.

(Frankly, I think it is just the Kurse of the Kansas Athletiks Programs. I mean, look at the Chiefs. And the Royals. And the Jayhawks football program. And the Sizzlers. And the Wizards. And the Blades. And ... well, the Attack weren't that bad...)

But we will never speak of this again.

I am amazed that roman broke MajorKhaos' all-time record for fastest drop to 1-star...

Great, now this guy is going to give those of us with one star a bad name. With all of the defending and standing up for other people that is going on around here I may have to stand up for the lowly one star posters. tongue.gifgrin.gifsmile.gif