• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What did you get from your Secret Santa?

150 posts in this topic

I hope it was the post office. I see more spine breaks than a whole case of Batman 497. :eek:

Gonna go out on a limb and say it was the P.O, since when I bought the books, they were in pristine condition. I've actually never had a problem with shipping books via USPS, but it was bound to happen sooner ot later. :sorry:

I'm still glad they got there, I was worried they would never make it.

Weird how the Jesus Hates Zombies was spared the same fate. hm

Divine intervention. :gossip:

I hope it was the post office. I see more spine breaks than a whole case of Batman 497. :eek:

Gonna go out on a limb and say it was the P.O, since when I bought the books, they were in pristine condition. I've actually never had a problem with shipping books via USPS, but it was bound to happen sooner ot later. :sorry:

I'm still glad they got there, I was worried they would never make it.

Weird how the Jesus Hates Zombies was spared the same fate. hm

Divine intervention. :gossip:

:signfunny::roflmao:

A HUGE thanks to my SS Innocuous (Jay and his young artist son Ben :hi: )

You did a wonderful job on the wrapping and matryoshka like packaging that started with Archies

and then Xmen books as I got deeper and deeper through the layers of tightly packed cardboard to

the core where a wonderful Planet #54 was waiting :banana:

One of my most favourite titles and an issue I didn't have yet too :applause:

Oh, and lets not forget: an exclusive Batman sketch by Ben (thumbs u

You're welcome. And, thanks to Marc from House of Comics for hooking me up with the Planet. It is such a great cover.

"matryoshka" is something I wouldn't have used. I didn't even know what you meant until my 10 year old daughter told me when I asked for the dictionary.

Thank you SS Kramerica.I recieved the first two Walking dead books.Along with a cool Speedball 1.

Thank you very much Mark.I will enjoy the walking dead books and tuck the speedball into my collection!

Dennis

My pleasure Dennis! I've now heard so much good stuff about The Walking Dead that I'm going to pick up the first two trades myself today at Borders!

My Secret Santa was Oneasian and his SS gift was actually misplaced by my local Post Office as they couldn't locate it when I went to pick it up.

Luckily, some days later, it turned up!

When I opened it this morning, I noticed the wrapping paper seemed like a Captain America print which I thought was pretty cool. Then I realized they were ACTUAL Captain America comic book pages! :eek::o

The package turned out to be a gigantic bundle of Captain America books EACH signed by Ed Brubaker and Steve Epting (and a slabbed Dynamic Forces Captain America #600)!

What was especially great was that Oneasian include a letter that detailed the significance and key events contained in many of the issues dealing with the Winter Solder and basically included a straight run up through #50.

A lot of thought went into this SS gift and I appreciate the effort and generosity! (worship)

Captain_America_Set.jpg

everything looks great! im glad the post office found it and that you got the gift safe and sound. hope you enjoy reading everything

Thanks to my SS Sckao (Shin) who worked so hard to get the SS present accross the nation to me. I opened it and was amazing for sure :banana:

350kirr.jpg (thumbs u ^^

The 40 years of ASM alone was worth the price of admission!!! :cloud9:

WEBHEAD

From sniderwj. Been looking forward to reading Parker for a while. Thanks, Wes! :hi:

Your welcome! Glad you enjoyed them.

I'll have to take a pic of them but I got a big group of Spidey books with a great looking Web Of Spider-Man Annual! The only thing I couldn't read my SS's handwriting. So thank you very much SS.

From sniderwj. Been looking forward to reading Parker for a while. Thanks, Wes! :hi:

I'll have to take a pic of them but I got a big group of Spidey books with a great looking Web Of Spider-Man Annual! The only thing I couldn't read my SS's handwriting. So thank you very much SS.

doh!

Sorry about that. I'm glad you like the books.

doh!

Sorry about that. I'm glad you like the books.

No problem. Figured posting would be the best way to find out who it was :)

Thanks again! :hi:

Thanks to Danny (aka Silver) for the neato presents this year - a couple of trades, one of which is really intriguing since I always wanted to know what the heck happened to Wonder Woman during the "Women's Lib" years when she changed out of her costume and into those whacky outfits. I also got a Marvel calendar which is hanging on my wall in my office.

Giant props to Jazzman, who sent along a great "art of EC comics" book, a tremendous calendar with Planet covers, and a SNUGGIE, the blanket with sleeves. I'm in Chicago and it is snowing sideways - my daughter is sitting in front of the fireplace reading her Christmas present under the blanket.

A note - I have been remiss in getting my Secret Santa present out to my person because of all the family issues over the last month, as well as the snow in Virginia last weekend. My Secret Santa person has been notified, and it will be a nice January gift. My apologies.

You're a hard man to purchase for when on a budget, Mr. Donut, so I had to throw in the irresistible Snuggie to seal the deal. (thumbs u

JmC really stoked me out with his SS gift! He sent me nice copies of Avengers #93 & Defenders #10 as well as a gorgeous copy of Werewolf By Night #10 - one of my top 3 fave covers of the run with its Ploog drawn bondage cover. To top things off he sent me New Avengers TPBs #8 & #9 which were both huge needs of mine.

Thanks JmC! What an awesome gift from one of the best guys on the boards!