• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone know why the Clink thread got pulled?

295 posts in this topic

The Federal Truth in Lending Act states: 167, (2) “No seller in any sales transaction may impose a surcharge on a cardholder who elects to use a credit card in lieu of payment by cash, check, or similar means.”

I'll play Roy's part this time around...

But CL doesn't charge a surcharge, they give you a discount if you don't use a credit card.

The Federal Truth in Lending Act states: 167, (2) “No seller in any sales transaction may impose a surcharge on a cardholder who elects to use a credit card in lieu of payment by cash, check, or similar means.”

But CL doesn't charge a surcharge, they give you a discount if you don't use a credit card.

lol

I blow Terence Leder?

Confession or a way of getting cheap books?

I never thought of that hm

Gav, i have a belief that you would sell yourself as a sex slave in a Gimp suit for Batman 227 CGC 9.4

Well I already did it for fun so a #227 9.4 would be a great bonus!

Clink refunded a payment via paypal for the payment to be resent as a Personal Payment so fees could be avoided.

That is preposterous. I cant even stand it when boardies demand that on board sales. ( i mean if I've had a few sucessful transactions with you already, that's another story...)

But a damn business with a shingle out doing that? Caveat Emptor

Personal paypal = no protection

What's next? They gonna start charging me 10% like AMSCOT when I send a paper check (to gte around the paypal/credit card shenannigans) hm

I don't get it.

If you get a 3% discount by paying with an alternative method, isn't that a good thing?

BS is never a good thing.

And if they are so concerned about giving discounts to their customers who pay by check or whatever, why not make it 10%?

Instead of the coincidental same amount as the credit card fee? hm