• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Minis and one-shots: worth collecting?

16 posts in this topic

I'm thinking of thinning the herd, so to speak, and have over four short boxes of Batman one-shots and minis. (In addition to full runs of LODK, Shadow, etc.)

So for those of you that collect popular characters/titles like Batman, Spiderman, X-Men, etc., do you stick to the main titles or do you go after just about everything? Thoughts? I'm considering putting much of those four boxes up for sale except for the true quality stuff like DKR, Killing Joke, et al.

I have been collecting every Batman book since 1985 and could not think of selling any. I'm too much of a completionist. :acclaim:

Yeah, I'm weighing the complete thing v. the space thing. I moved into a small house recently so space is at a premium.

I have been collecting every Batman book since 1985 and could not think of selling any. I'm too much of a completionist. :acclaim:

Yeah, I'm weighing the complete thing v. the space thing. I moved into a small house recently so space is at a premium.

Move the wife and kids to the barn,comics are priority :idea:

Move the wife and kids to the barn,comics are priority :idea:

Sorry. Single. No kids. Only a cat and he doesn't take up much room.

Sell the quality stuff. LOTDK and SOTB people just don't want.

Which is a shame because LotDK was one of the best Batman titles by far - I still have a full run in my personal collection :cloud9:

It WAS a great series right up until they started doing cross-overs with the other titles. After that it was just another Batbook.

Sell the quality stuff. LOTDK and SOTB people just don't want.

Which is a shame because LotDK was one of the best Batman titles by far - I still have a full run in my personal collection :cloud9:

I did start building this run again as it was dirt cheap, but it's gone on the backburner indefinitely now.

As has been mentioned, it was a great series until the crossovers hit it.

I'm keeping my LODK run. I'll be getting rid of a bunch of other Batman minis and one-shots. I'm uncertain about some minor runs like Batman Chronicles or Gotham Nights. Shadow of the Bat I'm keeping as well as all the Batman Adventures type books. I really love the latter -- great done in one stories that are entertaining and fun to read.

I stopped buying almost all mini's recently... and thinning out my collection often comes down to chopping them out as well.

- they're rarely, if ever, worth anything

- they're often, if not always, in a better looking and/or cheaper TPB

- whatever happens usually has no effect outside the confines of the mini itself.

Oddly enough, Batman is about the only title whose mini's I'll buy...

I don't particularly like the character except for when he's featured in a finite story. Batman is so generic and uninteresting himself that he can be a fantastic vehicle for all kinds of amazing stories. :)

I stopped buying almost all mini's recently... and thinning out my collection often comes down to chopping them out as well.

- they're rarely, if ever, worth anything

- they're often, if not always, in a better looking and/or cheaper TPB

- whatever happens usually has no effect outside the confines of the mini itself.

Oddly enough, Batman is about the only title whose mini's I'll buy...

I don't particularly like the character except for when he's featured in a finite story. Batman is so generic and uninteresting himself that he can be a fantastic vehicle for all kinds of amazing stories. :)

Interested in buying some Batman minis cheap? A lot of them were plucked from dollar boxes and I'll price them accordingly.

My mindset right now is to renew the focus on completing the core Batman run. I have 145 up, so why not work on those first 144 (of which I have quite a few).