• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently inherited a comic collection

65 posts in this topic

Hey guys. I'm kind of new here, so forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this.

Long stroy short, I've recently "inherited" a collection from a family friend. I told her that she could probably sell it, but she would rather give it to someone she knew would love and apreciate it.

I thought it would be cool to post some pics of any cool books I found as I organized the collection. Also, I had a couple of questions reguarding storing and organizing the collection.

1. Would putting the comics in my basement be safe for them?

2. Are there any good database software for organizing my collection?

Thanks a lot

Drew

Storing them in your basement could be perfectly safe, depending on where you live and the condition of your basement. Edgar Church stored his golden age comics in his basement in Colorado unbagged for 40 years, and they remained in NM/Mint condition.

I have stored my comics safely in my basement for the past 20 years. My basement is finished, dry, and has low humidity. Basements often stay at the ideal temperature for comic book storage. If you do decide that your basement is safe and dry enough for storing them, be sure to keep them at least 3 feet up off of the floor "just in case".

I have over 70 long boxes, my basement is really the only option I have for storing that many books.

Hey guys. I'm kind of new here, so forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this.

Long stroy short, I've recently "inherited" a collection from a family friend. I told her that she could probably sell it, but she would rather give it to someone she knew would love and apreciate it.

I thought it would be cool to post some pics of any cool books I found as I organized the collection. Also, I had a couple of questions reguarding storing and organizing the collection.

1. Would putting the comics in my basement be safe for them?

2. Are there any good database software for organizing my collection?

Thanks a lot

Drew

Just how many books are we talking about here (roughly)? 5 short boxes full? 10 long boxes full? (shrug)

Sorry for the slight delay. Trying to upload images.

A brief history of the collection (from what I have observed):

So far it seems that the original owner was a huge Marvel fan. It seems that most of the high condition books are from late 70's to late 90's and are probably all bought off of the rack. There are silver age issues which are not in great condition, but are cool nonetheless. The DC books that are in the collection are mostly JLA, Teen Titans, and Flash.

Yes, Just how many have a cover price of 25 cents and under in the comic collection? Quick, send some digital photos to my personal e-mail address so I can help you out. :baiting::kidaround:

To get an idea of the size

IMG_7486.jpg

IMG_7487.jpg

IMG_7488.jpg

This is my room. Unfortunitely, that is how they are being stored for now as I organize it. There are still about 5 more long boxes to go.

Don't worry, I have been pulling the keys as I spot them and am keeping them safe. Some pics of indivdual issues to come!

Some nicer stuff on your desk... Avengers 25, New Mutants 98, Silver Surfer 9... So you seem to have an idea of some of the keys.

(thumbs u

EDIT: But yeah, like Pirate said, most of the books are not worth much and will be hard to sell individually.