• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Happened to dodofive/Wes?

35 posts in this topic

I'm getting a mixed message from your post.

How can he be a good guy if he freaked out on you, his grading is not accurate, and he is slow to ship.

This does not sound like some one I'd want to deal with.

Fair enough.

No mixed messages in my post. I'm just giving you the highs and lows of my Wes Hagan experience and letting you judge for yourself.

The freak out certainly wasn't professional, but he apologized. And after meeting him in person, I was willing to write it off as an aberration.

He's a slow shipper and a slightly optimistic grader, but if you're aware of his grading you can bid accordingly.

In person he's friendly and helpful, and he struck me as an honest guy. And I've found some good deals in his long boxes at cons.

I wouldn't buy raw books from him on Ebay any more... but I don't buy raw books from any one on Ebay any more.

Wes Hagen is certainly not the worst you'll find on eBay and I've never been struck by the thought that he's dishonest.

However, shipping can be slow, communication can be poor (and might even devolve into abusive) and his grading is always optimistic, although only usually by a point or two.

If you go into deals with him with these points in mind, you should be OK. (thumbs u

Wes Hagen is certainly not the worst you'll find on eBay and I've never been struck by the thought that he's dishonest.

However, shipping can be slow, communication can be poor (and might even devolve into abusive) and his grading is always optimistic, although only usually by a point or two.

If you go into deals with him with these points in mind, you should be OK. (thumbs u

My point exactly, Nick.

But where it tended to :blahblah: , you said it much more succinctly. (thumbs u

My point exactly, Nick.

But where it tended to :blahblah: , you said it much more succinctly. (thumbs u

I've been accused of many things, but that's a new one. :insane:

He has a ton for books worth 15 bucks apiece. Strange to own so many at once.

Bad vibes as a buyer.

How do $15 books give you bad vibes?

???

I believe he found a warehouse full of books. He always seems to have multiple issues of books and has been selling like that for many years.

I believe wes has his father handle all the shipping, that could explain the slow shipping. Wes has been slow, but has always shipped IMHO accurately graded books.

Isn't dodofive "GCCBCO " as well ?

I think that's his father.

I remember now, that guy came on the boards, started making a mess-list and declared Osbourne_france an "international scammer" :roflmao:

Found the link

Thanks for digging that up. :cloud9: So many memories there...

NO LONG RANT HERE.I GUESS PEOPLE CAN MAKE THEIR OWN DECISIONS..ONCE AGAIN IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM YOU CAN CONTACT ME IN PERSON.OR IS THAT TOO DIFFICULT FOR YOU TO GRASP?IF YOU HAVENT CALLED ME BY NOW I GUESS YOU EITHER NEVER WERE A CUSTOMER OF MINE OR YOU HAVENT BEEN WRONGED BY ME ENOUGH TO SHOOT A PRIVATE EMAIL OR PICK UP THE PHONE.SO STFU

Isn't dodofive "GCCBCO " as well ?

I think that's his father.

I remember now, that guy came on the boards, started making a mess-list and declared Osbourne_france an "international scammer" :roflmao:

Found the link

Thanks for digging that up. :cloud9: So many memories there...

NO LONG RANT HERE.I GUESS PEOPLE CAN MAKE THEIR OWN DECISIONS..ONCE AGAIN IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM YOU CAN CONTACT ME IN PERSON.OR IS THAT TOO DIFFICULT FOR YOU TO GRASP?IF YOU HAVENT CALLED ME BY NOW I GUESS YOU EITHER NEVER WERE A CUSTOMER OF MINE OR YOU HAVENT BEEN WRONGED BY ME ENOUGH TO SHOOT A PRIVATE EMAIL OR PICK UP THE PHONE.SO STFU

lol – just read part of that old thread. That was crazy... and entertaining.

I’ve bought from Wes in person as he sets up at all the Toronto shows, as well as Montreal, Detroit, Chicago and other cons in Original Six cities that are within a day’s drive of Toronto, err Kitchener/Waterloo, which is 70 miles SW from Toronto. In my dealings with him, he's always been a stand-up guy with plenty of nice books at rational prices, and he's always open to bargaining when buying quantity. In the past, long ago, I have purchased books from his eBay accounts, like maybe 4-5 times, and I've never had a problem with his grading or shipping. I've always received my books quickly, but then again I live close-by in Toronto. I can't however speak on his online persona hm - he's friendly enough in person whenever I see him! (thumbs u

I'm getting a mixed message from your post.

How can he be a good guy if he freaked out on you, his grading is not accurate, and he is slow to ship.

This does not sound like some one I'd want to deal with.

Fair enough.

No mixed messages in my post. I'm just giving you the highs and lows of my Wes Hagan experience and letting you judge for yourself.

The freak out certainly wasn't professional, but he apologized. And after meeting him in person, I was willing to write it off as an aberration.

He's a slow shipper and a slightly optimistic grader, but if you're aware of his grading you can bid accordingly.

In person he's friendly and helpful, and he struck me as an honest guy. And I've found some good deals in his long boxes at cons.

I wouldn't buy raw books from him on Ebay any more... but I don't buy raw books from any one on Ebay any more.

Same thing for me. I had some small problems when I purchased from him on eBay in the past, essentially books damaged because of improper packaging and slow e-mail communication, but in person, Wes is a very friendly and honest seller and I can vouch for him. If there is a problem, he will work with you to find a solution. He also offers great prices at shows and I got great deals purchasing books from him. As a matter of fact, the shows in Montreal would not be as interesting without him.