• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the first comic you acquired in 2010?

91 posts in this topic

My first purchase of the new year. Only 5 more to go in my Avengers 1-100 set.

Aven_37_94.jpg

Nice one Andrew, a great way to start the year. :applause:

I've got a couple of books that you might like to upgrade to. :shy:

Aven_37_94.jpg

Good timing, Garry! I was looking at your Avengers registry set yesterday. You've done well, especially with your #1-10.

Aven_37_94.jpg

Good timing, Garry! I was looking at your Avengers registry set yesterday. You've done well, especially with your #1-10.

Thanks mate, it doesn't compare to yours but I'm happy with it and saving up money for additions in the future. I've got some 9.4's that aren't in my set that might interest you. hm

Just ordered these two BAD BOYS! :grin:

101729-1-xl.jpg

101728-1-xl.jpg

And #2 is the only one in 9.8 in the census! :banana:

#3 has 3 in 9.8.

*edit*

Checked the census to be sure.

Good choice! I'm want to get complete runs of Silverwolf and GMC eventually.

My first books to land in my hands since the new years are Rotten #1 and four issues of Hack/Slash :)

This is my first book of 2010, but also my first book after a gap of donkey's years.

This is my only book to date. There are more to come, but that depends on whether the postman can be arsed battling thru' the snow.

I'll say goodnight to you all, and thanks.

WH054.jpg

I've got some 9.4's that aren't in my set that might interest you. hm

PM sent.

If either of you fine gentleman have any slabbed Avengers in 9.0/9.2 with ow or better pages that you want to get rid of, just check my sig line and lemme know. (thumbs u

I'll keep that in mind as I upgrade! (thumbs u

Bought myself a set of 15 raw Grimm Fairy Tales variants (Including the rather wonderful nude variant of issue 28).

Thay may not be in the same league as some of the other lovely books listed her but you've gotta love those covers. Once they arrive and if I can scan them in a rule-friendly way, I'll up some pics.

I'm also waiting on the arrival of a 9.8 Cap America v4 found at a very reasonable price on Fleabay. Again, neither a key or especially hard to find, I just love that run and the simple covers by Cassaday were awesome.

These arrived about five days ago - certainly the first books of 2010.

Take a look. Given my post in "Last books of 2009" what does this say about me?

I'll tell you what it says about me - a total lack of focus and an inability to pass up a deal when the books appear on my infinite want list.

I think I need an intervention - about 40 years ago :insane:

100_1206508x381.jpg

I think I need an intervention - about 40 years ago :insane:

100_1206508x381.jpg

I can help.

Your obsession stems from a need to feel in control of something in your life. But you'll never feel in control if you don't have a focus to your collecting goals.

It will be difficult at first, but ultimately you'll feel so much better if you focus on a single goal. You need to let go of, say, all your Marvel books and limit yourself to your duck books.

Pack those Marvels up (double boxed, with lots of bubble wrap, please) and send them to me.

I'll make sure you never see them again.

Trust me, you'll thank me in time. (thumbs u