• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thank You All...

267 posts in this topic

Wow Gav. I'm really sorry to see you go... We need good guys like you here.

:(

+1

Gav, hope you'll reconsider or at least come back once you've had a break. The good far outweighs the bad on these forums...one only has to remember how everyone pulled together the auctions for Nik's family to realize that this is a special community when all is said and done. Hang in there man.

Double ditto. Gav, you've contributed a ton to the boards during the last year and based on your high post count you've obviously enjoyed your time here. It is your call but it doesn't make sense to quit a community that is important to you because you've had an arguement with a Mound.

Reminds me of the olde English saying.

Don't throw the bath out with the baby water. :fear:

I thought it was "baby out with the bath water". No?

Wow Gav. I'm really sorry to see you go... We need good guys like you here.

:(

+1

Gav, hope you'll reconsider or at least come back once you've had a break. The good far outweighs the bad on these forums...one only has to remember how everyone pulled together the auctions for Nik's family to realize that this is a special community when all is said and done. Hang in there man.

Double ditto. Gav, you've contributed a ton to the boards during the last year and based on your high post count you've obviously enjoyed your time here. It is your call but it doesn't make sense to quit a community that is important to you because you've had an arguement with a Mound.

Reminds me of the olde English saying.

Don't throw the bath out with the baby water. :fear:

Gav, if you will stop being a sensitive twit, I will mail you some of my beard hair.

It cures what ails you.

Better than phoenix tears in a Harry Potter movie! ;)

I have no effin idea what is going on.

lol

+2

I never read the original Mound City thread, so I don't know what was said. But I just want to say what a few others have said, this place is a good, friendly place. Maybe there are a few that you have problems with, but that pretty much sums up my own family. I don't give up on them, you my friend are a part of this good hearted but sometimes whacked out family. Please think of hanging in there longer, you do bring a so much to the table!

Boozad,

I was just reading the mound city thread, and felt you were in the right. I also thought it was a stand up thing, in regards to speaking up for, "etanick".

I actually was going to reply in that thread, but couldn't, as I tried, I discovered it was locked.

I feel that the poster ID, Mound City, saying it's up to the owner was a bit B.S. And for them not to respond or refund Nick doesn't seem right. In regards to banning him, that seems sophomoric to me, very defensive, as the poster ID Mound City tried to ban you as well, hence when they requested you to PM them your contact info.

I do think it's nice they offered refunds, but it looks like it was the many, "complaints" that prodded such actions. I mean they were incompetent to rely on some gun for hire-shipper, to charge crazy prices and pass it on to the buyer. Basically, giving the third party free reign to charge whatever the hell they want with ones billing info. It does seem they learned from it though....although it's up to the buyer to let them know? :sick:

Yes, if it wasn't for folk like you, the corrections might not have been made.

I think you should stay.

Although I do recommend you taking a vacation from this joint.

PS I posted more than once where I got railed and no defense, sometimes warranted, sometimes not. It sucks, but in the end, it can help to grow thicker skin, which might prevent harmful UV rays from penetrating.

Boozad,

PS I posted more than once where I got railed and no defense, sometimes warranted, sometimes not. It sucks, but in the end, it can help to grow thicker skin, which might prevent harmful UV rays from penetrating.

That seems to be the problem, I remember I mentioned I did not like the last Batman movie, and I got railed, belittled, etc, etc, etc I knew I was in the minority and found out very fast that while this is a good place to get decent information, it is also a place when a few people start jumping on someone the pack mentality happens and all bets are off.

Boozad,

I was just reading the mound city thread, and felt you were in the right. I also thought it was a stand up thing, in regards to speaking up for, "etanick".

I actually was going to reply in that thread, but couldn't, as I tried, I discovered it was locked.

I feel that the poster ID, Mound City, saying it's up to the owner was a bit B.S. And for them not to respond or refund Nick doesn't seem right. In regards to banning him, that seems sophomoric to me, very defensive, as the poster ID Mound City tried to ban you as well, hence when they requested you to PM them you contact info.

I do think it's nice they offered refunds, but it looks like it was the many, "complaints" that prodded such actions. I mean they were incompetent to rely on some gun for hire-shipper, to charge crazy prices and pass it on to the buyer. BAsically giving the third party free reign to charge whatever the hell they want with ones billing info. It does seem they learned from it though....although it's up to the buyer to let them know? :sick:

I think you should stay.

I endorse this post. (thumbs u

Although perhaps a little too emotional about it, Gav wasn't wrong to take a stand.

The fact is that Mound City only attempted to put right what was clearly wrong (and there was a lot that was wrong from day 1) in the face of public outcry. That they are only now putting things right is not deserving of the outpouring of gratitude that has been seen. They created this balls-up and should be expected to do what they have now...finally...gotten around to doing. A brief 'thanks' would maybe be more appropriate for the circumstances? (shrug)

As for their treatment of etanick, they have no excuse and their current smart-arse attitude...adopted, I'm sure, because they're 'giving' you all something...is not how I would approach customer service.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...if Satan had a sweet run of books, there'd be Paypal payments flying into hell right now. doh!

Boozad,

I feel that the poster ID, Mound City, saying it's up to the owner was a bit B.S. And for them not to respond or refund Nick doesn't seem right. In regards to banning him, that seems sophomoric to me, very defensive, as the poster ID Mound City tried to ban you as well, hence when they requested you to PM them you contact info.

I do think it's nice they offered refunds, but it looks like it was the many, "complaints" that prodded such actions. I mean they were incompetent to rely on some gun for hire-shipper, to charge crazy prices and pass it on to the buyer. BAsically giving the third party free reign to charge whatever the hell they want with ones billing info. It does seem they learned from it though....although it's up to the buyer to let them know? :sick:

I think you should stay.

Although perhaps a little too emotional about it, Gav wasn't wrong to take a stand.

The fact is that Mound City only attempted to put right what was clearly wrong (and there was a lot that was wrong from day 1) in the face of public outcry. That they are only now putting things right is not deserving of the outpouring of gratitude that has been seen. They created this balls-up and should be expected to do what they have now...finally...gotten around to doing. A brief 'thanks' would maybe be more appropriate for the circumstances? (shrug)

As for their treatment of etanick, they have no excuse and their current smart-arse attitude...adopted, I'm sure, because they're 'giving' you all something...is not how I would approach customer service.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...if Satan had a sweet run of books, there'd be Paypal payments flying into hell right now. doh!

(worship)(worship)

Boozad,

I think you should stay.

(worship)(worship)

I don't know if it's just a UK thing but I agree with FT 100%. (thumbs u

Boozad,

That seems to be the problem, I remember I mentioned I did not like the last Batman movie, and I got railed, belittled, etc, etc, etc I knew I was in the minority and found out very fast that while this is a good place to get decent information, it is also a place when a few people start jumping on someone the pack mentality happens and all bets are off.

I highly doubt you were railed and belittled for not liking the Dark Knight. I myself said it was too long and no one railed and belittled me... Sometimes, things are not read or interpreted in the same manner. (And sometimes things are taken WAY too personally.) (shrug)