• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thank You All...

267 posts in this topic

Bye, Bye...

person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed

Who are who too judge me in any way or fashion?? I'm sooooooo hurt by your post... NOT!!! :roflmao:

I must admit these are the only type of posts I see from you, why? I am a newbie here, and I am sure you must have more to contribute across the boards, but why do you continue to post such petty, nonsensical and aggravating stuff. Not judging you in the slightest but why continue with all this (shrug) I just don't get it?

Because he's a dou :censored: che bag :roflmao:

Bye, Bye...

Let me guess. When you come close to getting into a fight at a bar and the other fellow finally leaves, you strongly yell out afterwards, "Lucky he left or I would have shown him what-for!"

Why don't you go read something other than comics. Something more appropriate.

Actually, the opposite is very true. I'll go at it{whatever IT is} anytime. No on likes to fight.. But I will never, ever back down from a fight either. Be it in printed or physical forms. I'm 6ft.3 and go around 270 - 280 lbs. If I loose so be it. If I win that's all good too...

It's no surprise that I am not saddened by Boozad leaving this message board. We've gone at it a few times on here. But it's his decision, no one else can make it for him... :foryou:

loser

Is that a spelling correction or an editorial comment? hm

I've said it before and I'll say it again...if Satan had a sweet run of books, there'd be Paypal payments flying into hell right now. doh!

I hear-tell Satan :devil: is a dentist by trade :whistle:.

scena9ej.jpg

My understanding of the facts (which could be wrong in which case I'll apologize up front, since I haven't followed the thread all that closely in recent weeks myself) are that:

1) Mound City required anyone who wanted to bid on their auction to provide a credit card # on file with the promise that the card would never be charged without authorization.

2) This credit card information was passed along to a third party without permission, who then charged obscene amounts for shipping without the authorization of the cardholders

3) Although Mound City's initial response was to tell everyone they had to take up their complaints with the shipping company, they later offered everyone a full refund.

4) After about a month had gone by with no refunds for most people, a few board members started asking about the refunds in the thread. At least one board member in particular received a very nasty (and in my opinion uncalled for) E-mail from Mound City.

5) That board member still has not received an apology OR a refund.

The first few points, if thats where it stopped, I think would be forgivable. But the E-mail Rob Classic sent to Etanick was completely inexcusable. The fact that Nick has been banned from future auctions (AND not refunded) even moreso.

It seemed to me that Boozad was just sticking up for a fellow board member that honestly has really been done wrong by Mound City up to this point..

I'd say you pretty much hit the nail on the head, Adam. Gav saw a friend of his being mistreated and he was sticking up for him (regardless if Gav had a real dog in the fight or not). Perhaps he did so to the point of actually weakening his own case, but I admire his veracity and loyalty.

Too often around here, it seems that people are primarily driven by self-interest. Now, these notions are certainly tossed by the wayside in the face of situations like Nik's untimely passing, but for the most part, the major sentiment seems to be, "Hey, I got my refund (or book or whatever). Who cares about anyone else?"

And that is a real shame, especially after having witnessed the good this community does when its members are truly in need.

Perhaps not surprisingly, it was also within this community that I received the rudest treatment I've ever experienced with a seller. Now, most people won't care or couldn't care less because this member belongs to the "good ol' boys" club around here, but this seller acted in the most disrespective manner I've ever seen.

After receiving my books damaged due to the seller's highly inadequate packing, I was finally told I wasn't worth anything as a buyer because these weren't large books and that I should "stick to my dollar boxes." I found this highly offensive because I believe every customer is worthy of being treated equally, whether they spent $25 or $2500. Plus, this person had/has no idea about my expenditures on large comics (which I buy and sell with some frequency).

I've since been in contact with other boardies who have had the exact same experience with this seller and are of the same opinion as myself: we will not buy from this person ever again. Period.

But what does it matter? The seller is one of the preening chuckleheads who act pretty much solely out of self-interest. And what do I do? Avoid him. In short, Gav, that's all you can do. Pick your fights and avoid the narcissistic a**holes.

Also, as funny postscript to my story, I found out that the seller is my exact age. It's funny (to me, at least) because the seller had the maturity level of a 10 year old. And no, the seller wasn't Connor. lol

My understanding of the facts (which could be wrong in which case I'll apologize up front, since I haven't followed the thread all that closely in recent weeks myself) are that:

1) Mound City required anyone who wanted to bid on their auction to provide a credit card # on file with the promise that the card would never be charged without authorization.

2) This credit card information was passed along to a third party without permission, who then charged obscene amounts for shipping without the authorization of the cardholders

3) Although Mound City's initial response was to tell everyone they had to take up their complaints with the shipping company, they later offered everyone a full refund.

4) After about a month had gone by with no refunds for most people, a few board members started asking about the refunds in the thread. At least one board member in particular received a very nasty (and in my opinion uncalled for) E-mail from Mound City.

5) That board member still has not received an apology OR a refund.

The first few points, if thats where it stopped, I think would be forgivable. But the E-mail Rob Classic sent to Etanick was completely inexcusable. The fact that Nick has been banned from future auctions (AND not refunded) even moreso.

It seemed to me that Boozad was just sticking up for a fellow board member that honestly has really been done wrong by Mound City up to this point..

I'd say you pretty much hit the nail on the head, Adam. Gav saw a friend of his being mistreated and he was sticking up for him (regardless if Gav had a real dog in the fight or not). Perhaps he did so to the point of actually weakening his own case, but I admire his veracity and loyalty.

Too often around here, it seems that people are primarily driven by self-interest. Now, these notions are certainly tossed by the wayside in the face of situations like Nik's untimely passing, but for the most part, the major sentiment seems to be, "Hey, I got my refund (or book or whatever). Who cares about anyone else?"

And that is a real shame, especially after having witnessed the good this community does when its members are truly in need.

Perhaps not surprisingly, it was also within this community that I received the rudest treatment I've ever experienced with a seller. Now, most people won't care or couldn't care less because this member belongs to the "good ol' boys" club around here, but this seller acted in the most disrespective manner I've ever seen.

After receiving my books damaged due to the seller's highly inadequate packing, I was finally told I wasn't worth anything as a buyer because these weren't large books and that I should "stick to my dollar boxes." I found this highly offensive because I believe every customer is worthy of being treated equally, whether they spent $25 or $2500. Plus, this person had/has no idea about my expenditures on large comics (which I buy and sell with some frequency).

I've since been in contact with other boardies who have had the exact same experience with this seller and are of the same opinion as myself: we will not buy from this person ever again. Period.

But what does it matter? The seller is one of the preening chuckleheads who act pretty much solely out of self-interest. And what do I do? Avoid him. In short, Gav, that's all you can do. Pick your fights and avoid the narcissistic a**holes.

Also, as funny postscript to my story, I found out that the seller is my exact age. It's funny (to me, at least) because the seller had the maturity level of a 10 year old. And no, the seller wasn't Connor. lol

hm

Nail on the head!

Perhaps not surprisingly, it was also within this community that I received the rudest treatment I've ever experienced with a seller. Now, most people won't care or couldn't care less because this member belongs to the "good ol' boys" club around here, but this seller acted in the most disrespective manner I've ever seen

I don't know if you collect back issues (SA/BA), so I'm assuming you bought Moderns from the boardie. If it was anything but Moderns (as I don't often buy them), I'd have a few guesses as to who the culprit was. So who was it? :devil:

Angelo

Perhaps not surprisingly, it was also within this community that I received the rudest treatment I've ever experienced with a seller. Now, most people won't care or couldn't care less because this member belongs to the "good ol' boys" club around here, but this seller acted in the most disrespective manner I've ever seen

I don't know if you collect back issues (SA/BA), so I'm assuming you bought Moderns from the boardie. If it was anything but Moderns (as I don't often buy them), I'd have a few guesses as to who the culprit was. So who was it? :devil:

Angelo

Even this newbie might have a few guesses....

Angelo

Even this newbie might have a few guesses....

I know, but that is for another discussion.

:ohnoez:

Gav, you were not the only person who had not made a purchase who posted after seeing that email response. I was shocked at the email and more shocked at his continuous response to the people who are members of the board.

We ARE a community, despite what Mound CIty thinks...take a week or two off, mourn for your loss, and come back and hang out, you are a good guy

Don't let the bullies get you down.

Gav, you were not the only person who had not made a purchase who posted after seeing that email response. I was shocked at the email and more shocked at his continuous response to the people who are members of the board.

We ARE a community, despite what Mound CIty thinks...take a week or two off, mourn for your loss, and come back and hang out, you are a good guy

Couldn't have put it better myself and didn't :applause:

(thumbs u

message to Mound City>

the JERK store called...

which bullies are we talking about?

I assume the same ones that sent an obscenity laced email. I haven't seen the email or personally seen the bullying in question so I could be wrong.

which bullies are we talking about?

I assume the same ones that sent an obscenity laced email. I haven't seen the email or personally seen the bullying in question so I could be wrong.

(thumbs u

I knew Sal would know I was not referring to him...or he would if he read his PMs;)

Happy New Year:)