• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Discretion or butting into someone else's business.

164 posts in this topic

At this point, some responsible party should PM the seller, make them aware of this thread, & invite them to participate in it.

fixed it for you :makepoint:

at my obnoxiously pedantic best

At this point, some responsible party should PM the seller, make them aware of this thread, & invite them to participate in it.

fixed it for you :makepoint:

at my obnoxiously pedantic best

I love that kinda spoon :headbang:

I'm with Kenny, and the rest of the guys that are thinking some of these have been trimmed. Comparing the scans in the thread to different copies, that have been given the seal of untouched authenticity, quite a few seems to be lacking a bit of detail on the outer edge.

I'm with Kenny, and the rest of the guys that are thinking some of these have been trimmed. Comparing the scans in the thread to different copies, that have been given the seal of untouched authenticity, quite a few seems to be lacking a bit of detail on the outer edge.

And the fact that several of them, the cover actually doesn't appear to overlap the pages at all...

And the fact that several of them, the cover actually doesn't appear to overlap the pages at all...

True, but now that all the scans have gone off into e-limbo it looks like the discussion is over now. hm

Bought a midgrade FF #9 & #25, I thought the grading might be off a little but not sure about trim. member: "Bronze age fan" replied in the thread he received his Strange Tales and looked to be okay. I was very happy finding mid grade copies to have graded

by CGC. I'm only hoping to get back both books @ 5.0 blue label. I will let everyone

know what happens.

Bought a midgrade FF #9 & #25, I thought the grading might be off a little but not sure about trim. member: "Bronze age fan" replied in the thread he received his Strange Tales and looked to be okay. I was very happy finding mid grade copies to have graded

by CGC. I'm only hoping to get back both books @ 5.0 blue label. I will let everyone

know what happens.

Make sure you can get your money back if they come back trimmed. Good luck to you on getting the grades.

I may get some heat, trouble, etc, but I pm'd all the buyers and asked them to read this thread about the sale. I did not give an opinion, just a heads up to read this thread. I sincerely hope everything works out for everyone. I just feel there are many collector's out there that have to save to buy a nice book for their collection that others may just take for granted. To these collector's the books may represent a chance to get that one book they have always wanted. This board is more than a place to sell books, its a place to learn, share knowledge, and help each other, which is what I did.

Here is what I said to this seller and his response. Direct cut and paste from PMs.

me - It appears that several of your higher graded books have been trimmed.

seller - I thought the same....When I got this large collection a year ago. I sent some of the big ones into CGC and they all came out fine. People where swearing that the books looked trimmed. I will admit that some did, but they cam back ok. I am assuming the same with these. They cam from same collection. #16 really looks like it but I hope that it has not.

me - #__, #__, #__ are almost certainly trimmed.

seller - what else can I say? Unless I submit them we will never know..

I'd pm him again and say that if he doesn't address the issue in his thread, you'll post the above exchange instead. Our board brothers and sisters have a right to know that this seller thinks the books could be trimmed. He may be convinced that having a return policy on books covers his azz, but in my view that's not an acceptable business practice in our selling forum.

I may get some heat, trouble, etc, but I pm'd all the buyers and asked them to read this thread about the sale. I did not give an opinion, just a heads up to read this thread. I sincerely hope everything works out for everyone. I just feel there are many collector's out there that have to save to buy a nice book for their collection that others may just take for granted. To these collector's the books may represent a chance to get that one book they have alway wanted. This board is more than a place to sell books, its a place to learn, share knowledge, and help each other, which is what I did.

:applause:

I don't think he took them down - photobucket suspended the account due to exceeding bandwith - he needs to upgrade to pro.

If he is acting in good faith, then he should have no objection to this thread or anything anyone has said or done relative to his sale up to this point.

Except for Sal. He's even more abrasive this year than last. The seller should be all kindsa pizzed at Sal. :foryou:

know what happens.

Make sure you can get your money back if they come back trimmed. Good luck to you on getting the grades.

Thank You.

i know i would be were i him.

also, were i him, i would have said something about my suspicions about any trimming, along with the examples of other books from the same collection he referenced in his pm to Dale. assuming that the books actually exist and that he has images of them.

would have saved him a lot of potential headache.

so i suppose this is a "how much disclosure is needed" issue, then?